Help Acquiring Brit Passport Through Father

Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:25 am
Just Joined

zoobiscuitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Acquiring Brit Passport Through Father

Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this on the forum...

I am trying to help a friend get an British passport. Her father was born in England, but he is not listed on her birth certificate. Is there any way that she can still apply for a passport through her father? She has a paternal half-brother who has acquired British citizenship through him (The father IS listed on the brother's birth certificate).

She also has photographs of her and her father, and lived with him from when she was a few years old until his death in 2007. Can she use documents from school/university/municipality to prove that she lived with him and is his daughter?

I have read the post-1983 rules, as I have a British passport myself. We are in South Africa, by the way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:35 am
Milana

Milana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant future
Default Re: Help Acquiring Brit Passport Through Father

Were her parents married? If not, she is illegitimate and hence ineligible for a passport through her father. Photos do not prove her paternity... Contact the High Commission?
Old Jan 14th 2011, 8:18 pm
US Mom of UK Son

MorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help Acquiring Brit Passport Through Father

I would recommend that you read the excellent informaion provided by JAJ on this forum, particullarly the Wiki at http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Britis...arried_Fathers and search for his many other responses to individuals with similar questions.

Regards,
Mary

Originally Posted by zoobiscuitz
Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this on the forum...

I am trying to help a friend get an British passport. Her father was born in England, but he is not listed on her birth certificate. Is there any way that she can still apply for a passport through her father? She has a paternal half-brother who has acquired British citizenship through him (The father IS listed on the brother's birth certificate).

She also has photographs of her and her father, and lived with him from when she was a few years old until his death in 2007. Can she use documents from school/university/municipality to prove that she lived with him and is his daughter?

I have read the post-1983 rules, as I have a British passport myself. We are in South Africa, by the way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated