Help!!

Old Sep 11th 2016, 12:05 pm
Ess
Just Joined

Ess is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help!!

Hello, I am Australian with the right of abode in UK. I have been here for 5 months and am doing 'temporary' secretarial work - I have already earned over 10,000 pounds in 5 months. I married my husband who is from Lebanon but considered to be Palestinian because of his grandfather and therefore he holds a 'Palestinian Refugee travel document'. I have savings of $50,000AUD in my bank and I earn money from 3 properties in Australia - lets say approx. $80,000AUD annually being deposited in to my bank account as rental payment. We are married by way of Sheik - as Lebanon is different I don't know where to register this with the government or is the paper from the Sheik sufficient (once I get it transcribed to english). I'm scared to pay this sum of money and his visa get rejected for any of the above reasons. Can you help please?
Old Sep 11th 2016, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!!

Where is your husband now? Is he an Australian citizen also?
Old Sep 11th 2016, 12:49 pm
Ess
Just Joined

Hello.... No - he is from Lebanon and lives there and was born there... He is classed as a Palestinian refugee because his grandfather was from Palestine - so he only holds a 'travel document' and not a passport.

He has no money or bank account - so it's me supporting him which I believe I have enough to show - however my job is not 'permanent' - I'm 'temping' - but I earn well over the threshold required - although only being here nearly 6 months in the UK...
Old Sep 11th 2016, 12:52 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Where did you get married?

What does "married by way of sheik" mean?
Old Sep 11th 2016, 12:58 pm
Ess
Just Joined

We got married in Lebanon. The sheik is like a Muslim priest type thing that performs the ceremony... Nothing like western society mind you
It's a Muslim marriage - even though I'm not Muslim - but in Lebanon ots how the Muslim people get married...
Old Sep 11th 2016, 10:24 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Your job does not need to be permanent in order for you to meet the financial requirements to sponsor your husband for a spouse visa. Check Appendix FM 1.7 carefully to see how you can qualify. You can use a combination of salaried income, rental income and savings if necessary. Holding a Palestinian travel document does not prevent him from being issued a visa. The marriage needs to legally recognised in the country in which it is performed in order to be considered legal in the UK.
Old Sep 11th 2016, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean by temporary? Appendix FM-SE does not specify a temporary role under the financial requirements. See below Paragraph 2b

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

You need to be able to show you are under one of these situations.
Old Sep 13th 2016, 7:57 pm
Ess
Just Joined

Thank you all for your answers.

I have been reading - this is my financial information:

I have $45,000AUD in savings in an Australian bank account (more than 6 months).

I am 'temping' so my job isn't stable - I have been in the UK for exactly 6 months on a 'Right of Abode' - and since May 12th (4 months) have earnings of approx. $9544 Gross (a touch more but I have lost one payslip but I have the net amount in my bank so its calculated all the gross payslips plus this net amount).

I have read over it a few times and for some reason it won't stick in my head if I can apply yet or do I need to wait 2 more months? I did secure contract employment paying 45k per year but I didn't like the job so didn't stay - I am in quite secure ongoing temporary employment now though - and am sure I could get a letter stating that....
Old Sep 13th 2016, 8:06 pm
Ess
Just Joined

Also - I just realised he applied for a visa to Cyprus recently which was rejected as they said 'You failed to convince the Embassy on the real purpose of your travel.' - we were intending to travel here for our unofficial honeymoon and because personally I am sick of travelling to Beirut every month to see him... He is in the process of disputing this with the high court of Cyprus....

I have noted this rejection on his application - would that hamper his visa?

Realistically Palestinians are treated poorly by Lebanese and that is the real reason for rejection I would say as he has a son and has no reason he would stay illegally in any country... FYI...
Old Sep 13th 2016, 8:19 pm
Ess
Just Joined

Also - last question - am I considered a Citizen if I have 'right of abode'? I am confused about this....
Old Sep 13th 2016, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ess
Also - last question - am I considered a Citizen if I have 'right of abode'? I am confused about this....
What is your background to have right of abode in the UK?

Unless you were born and bred in UK and/OR have British passport you are not automatically a British citizen.

Do you have a certificate of entitlement in your, presumably, Australian passport?
Old Sep 13th 2016, 9:19 pm
Ess
Just Joined

I have certificate of entitlement to right of abode - it's in my Aus passport.
Old Sep 13th 2016, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ess
I have certificate of entitlement to right of abode - it's in my Aus passport.
When did you get this certificate of entitlement?
Old Sep 13th 2016, 9:40 pm
Ess
Just Joined

I had an original one maybe 16 years ago but I only stayed in the uk for 2 months and worked. Then that passport expired so the entitlement expires with the passport. The latest one I received at the end of Feb and I arrived at the end of March (2016)
Old Sep 13th 2016, 9:40 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

All British citizens have Right of Abode but not all people who hold Right of Abode are British citizens.

I assume your mother was born in the UK but not your father and you were born before 1983?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.