British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/help-264999/)

CaliforniaBride Nov 9th 2004 3:41 am

Re: help

Originally Posted by stephiefrank
Hi Carrie

Congratualtions on your marriage and pregnancy. While I was back in Ireland waiting on my K3 I thought I was pregnant (I know that sounds stupid but I did 3 home pregnancy tests which came out positive then went to the doctor to confirm - not pregnant)But when I thought I was I contacted my immigration attorney who then contacted the INS to see about the possibility of expediting my visa application, they sent back a letter saying that while they sympathised they know that people have babies all over the world every day and this would not be a reason for them to speed up my application. Also when I tried to go back to my husband on the VWP and was stopped in Dublin i was told that i was inelligable to enter until all visa issues had been resolved, I took this to mean that I was not allowed to visit America until my k3 application was approved. My husband came over nad lived with me in Ireland. America is not the only place to live, your husband will be welcomed into the Uk if he gets an EEA family permit (takes about 2 weeks and 50 quid or so) he will be able to work straight away and you will still have the national health service.
good luck, hope this helps and hasnt disheartned you too much, I know it is a very emotional time for you but if you read through the posts here carefull you will see peole have been answering your questions, but as you are obviously so upset you dont seemto be taking the time to read them.
Steph

That's unfortunate but incorrect.

I visited my husband in the US while my K3 was pending as did others on this forum. As was pointed out it is important to take proof of your intent to return. While filing for a K3 means you do eventually have immigrant intent the point is that at the time of entering on VWP you must not have immigrant intent, that is you must intend to leave at the end of your stay.

It is quite clear here...

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...e.htm#thirteen

USA & Pakistan Nov 9th 2004 4:18 am

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I understand you have many things on your mind, so I won't make as big a deal out of it as I usually would.

Ian

What a good doggie!

Megan Nov 9th 2004 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by carrieford
thanks so much for your help do you think i can go with my hubby when i visit to file for my k-3 visa

The first thing you need to do is to have your husband file the I-130 ASAP. You need to start to get things in motion if you hope to be in the US for the birth. In the mean time, have him prepare your I-129F application. If you plan on doing this without a lawyer, you both must do research to learn the process inside and out. Don't trust anything any one person tells you (you'll find that there is a lot of bad advice out there, especially from the USCIS helpline)- find as many sources as you can. Arm yourself with knowledge - that's the best way to get here as quickly as possible.

You can worry about trying to visit while the K-3 is being processed later.

Megan

Noorah101 Nov 9th 2004 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Rete
Worse yet, they are married not engaged.

Rete

Oh yeah...K3...duh. LOL :)

Rene

carrieford Nov 9th 2004 2:59 pm

thanks for that i am grateful for all my replies everyone has been so nice sorry i feel so emotional

carrieford Nov 9th 2004 3:01 pm

ok thanks for the advice

carrieford Nov 9th 2004 3:02 pm

thankyou so so much for all your advice you are very kind