Hellp me pls

Old Oct 1st 2018, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

MamaGringo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hellp me pls

Hello everybody, I just have a query which is really stressing me out so basically I am renting from a private landlord when I first moved into the property I have been given my tenancy agreement I meet other requirements such as the 18,600 but the problem is my landlord is refusing to write a letter to confirm my spouse can live with me once his Visa is approved I am really stressed out because I don’t know why they don’t want to do this so I’m wondering if I can provide my tenancy agreement also they gave me an inventory which is got pictures of how the house looks I’m daily person living in the flat so once My partner comes me and him will be there together. Do you think as my landlord is refusing to write a letter to confirm he can stay I can obtain a property inspection reports?
Old Oct 1st 2018, 9:46 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hellp me pls

So he is refusing to write a letter giving permission, but is happy for your spouse to live there once they have the visa?
Old Oct 1st 2018, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

What the landlord is saying is that they wont write a letter to confirm my partner can stay oncw he gets his visa but rather they have said in a letter to me “prior to any Are the adult person occupying the property the landlord will need to verify in the prescribed manner that the adult is not disqualified as a result of their immigration status from occupying presidents and a residential tenancy agreement in accordance with the provision of the immigration act 2014” my solicitor said the letter will need to state that they give permission for my partner to stay once he obtains his visa 😰😰😰 but they wont do it!! Ive written a letter to them as im really stressed!! Why thy are doing this to me
Old Oct 1st 2018, 10:50 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MamaGringo
What the landlord is saying is that they wont write a letter to confirm my partner can stay oncw he gets his visa but rather they have said in a letter to me “prior to any Are the adult person occupying the property the landlord will need to verify in the prescribed manner that the adult is not disqualified as a result of their immigration status from occupying presidents and a residential tenancy agreement in accordance with the provision of the immigration act 2014” my solicitor said the letter will need to state that they give permission for my partner to stay once he obtains his visa 😰😰😰 but they wont do it!! Ive written a letter to them as im really stressed!! Why thy are doing this to me
Surely the solution is simple..find somewhere else to rent?
Old Oct 1st 2018, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by az2014
Surely the solution is simple..find somewhere else to rent?
yes I am considering that, I am really really considering that to be honestI have formulated the email to the landlord expressing my dismay as to them not listed in the letter granting permission for my partner to stay and i have sent this to complaints and customer service... hopefully fingers cross i might get a letter!!
Old Oct 1st 2018, 11:28 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Your landlord is worried about giving anyone permission to stay in the property when they don’t have permission to remain in the UK as he or she will liable. You’ll need to get them to understand that you’re only asking them to confirm that your spouse will have permission to stay only if he has the correct visa. If the landlord still won’t do that then you should look for any property where the landlord will unless the tenancy agreement states that your immediate family members already have permission to stay there.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Your landlord is worried about giving anyone permission to stay in the property when they don’t have permission to remain in the UK as he or she will liable. You’ll need to get them to understand that you’re only asking them to confirm that your spouse will have permission to stay only if he has the correct visa. If the landlord still won’t do that then you should look for any property where the landlord will unless the tenancy agreement states that your immediate family members already have permission to stay there.
thing is i explained it to them, a friend who is an immigration lawyer said i should just submit the application without the agreement from the landlord but just my tenancy agreement and a property inspection report alongside my inventory which shows pictures inside the property im renting (which is a open plan studio flat with seperate bathroom
Old Oct 1st 2018, 11:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

thing is i explained it to them, a friend who is an immigration lawyer said i should just submit the application without the agreement from the landlord but just my tenancy agreement and a property inspection report alongside my inventory which shows pictures inside the property im renting (which is a open plan studio flat with seperate bathroom
That would depend on what your tenancy agreement says. Does it already state that your immediate family members can stay there without further permission from the landlord?
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 6:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
That would depend on what your tenancy agreement says. Does it already state that your immediate family members can stay there without further permission from the landlord?
hello; ive had a look at my contract. Nothing of the above is mentioned inside the contract
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 7:59 am

hello; ive had a look at my contract. Nothing of the above is mentioned inside the contract
If your landlord doesn’t change their mind then you should probably be looking for another property where your spouse can be added to the tenancy agreement pending Right to Rent checks.