Hello - Passport Collection - Pakistan

Old Sep 10th 2019, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

AS4LYF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello - Passport Collection - Pakistan

Hello everyone

just thought I might as well send my regards to everyone here. I have really enjoyed reading all the helpful information provided by everyone.

my topic is about the UK Spouse Visa

I am a British Citizen and my wife is from Pakistan. I have applied for my wife's VISA through a solicitor.

I paid for the online fees - 15th July 2019
Wife had her biometrics in Mirpur, Pakistan - 23rd July
my solicitor had sent over my file/case to Sheffield - 25th July
received email from Sheffield saying that they have received the paperwork and it is with an entry clearance oficer - 31st July
my solicitor sent me a message saying the original documents have been returned to him and the decision is most likely made - 4th Sep

I just need to know that since it took 5 weeks for my original documents to be returned to my solicitor, I have been told by my solicitor that the case worker in Pakistan will be calling or texting my wife any time now.

I am a bit excited and nervous at the same time.

my question to you all is how long does it normally take for the case workers to send the text message to the applicant (my wife in this case) to collect the passport? surely it cannot be that long?

Thanks.
Old Sep 11th 2019, 11:46 am
Just Joined

lmrd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello - Passport Collection - Pakistan

Originally Posted by AS4LYF
Hello everyone

just thought I might as well send my regards to everyone here. I have really enjoyed reading all the helpful information provided by everyone.

my topic is about the UK Spouse Visa

I am a British Citizen and my wife is from Pakistan. I have applied for my wife's VISA through a solicitor.

I paid for the online fees - 15th July 2019
Wife had her biometrics in Mirpur, Pakistan - 23rd July
my solicitor had sent over my file/case to Sheffield - 25th July
received email from Sheffield saying that they have received the paperwork and it is with an entry clearance oficer - 31st July
my solicitor sent me a message saying the original documents have been returned to him and the decision is most likely made - 4th Sep

I just need to know that since it took 5 weeks for my original documents to be returned to my solicitor, I have been told by my solicitor that the case worker in Pakistan will be calling or texting my wife any time now.

I am a bit excited and nervous at the same time.

my question to you all is how long does it normally take for the case workers to send the text message to the applicant (my wife in this case) to collect the passport? surely it cannot be that long?

Thanks.
most likely made ?
how is your sollicitor sure that the decision is made ?
documents being returned doesnt mean a decision has been made I'm afraid ..
Old Sep 11th 2019, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

my solicitor has told me that a decision has most likely been made (he has never confirmed with me 100%), and the solicior would not even know if a decision has been made as they would contact my wife directly in Pakistan.

however based on his experience he has advised me that my original documents have been returned and all they need to do now is call or text my wife in Pakistan to come and collect her passport.

I really really hope its a YES as its our 1 year anniversary next month. I have also let my wife know to keep her phone with her at all times
Old Sep 11th 2019, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

lmrd is an unknown quantity at this point

I thouhgt may be he contacted ukvi call center and got some confirmation .
Now I understand!
but , again, I know that you can receive document back without a decision being yet made but every case is different ofc
good luck for you : hope you'll hear good news anytime soon then!
Old Sep 11th 2019, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much, I hope you get yours too. this can be a very stressful time so please stay strong and try not to think too much into it.

p.s. I have been thinking about calling the UKVI contact centre but I am putting it off for a while as it has only been 6 weeks (50% of the wait) and I am living in hope that maybe the next few weeks will bring me better news.