Hello and I have a question! :D

Old May 24th 2014, 4:17 am
Just Joined

Vickyar is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Hello and I have a question! :D

Hi! I am new to this forum and I am glad I found it, I can't seem to find some information regarding my situation, so i thought to ask here!

I am an Italian citizen, although i never lived in any country of the EU, I have my citizenship by iuis sanguinis through my family. I do have an EU passport, and my own country one.
1) I am to be married to a UK citizen, and he is coming here in 2015 for few months before our marriage to stay in my country with me.
The question is, since we want to have a baby... and he is british and holds a NHS and works regularly... if we get married and want for our baby to be born in the UK, and considering that I do hold a EU country passport, even if i don't reside... will we have to pay for the prenatal and delivery of our baby?
If he is a tax payer and I have the right to live in the UK but wont be a resident by the time of delivery, will they want to charge us because I am foreign? of if he is a citizen will that count when we register in the hospital?
That is the main question... I have read many different situations but all of them are from a UK citizen and a person from outside the EU.
2) If we get married and move to the UK, is he going to have to have a 18.000 job or since I am legally allowed to live in the UK on my own right, this law wont apply?
3) when we move back to the UK, can he apply for a NHS for me since I will be his wife? this is important since I am a single mom right now and my daughter (another Italian citizen) is mentally disable and she will need health services sometime.

Thanks in advance and sorry fo bothering!! this intrigue is driving me crazy! I already went to the UK embassy in my country and they don't know much!
Old May 24th 2014, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Foffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hello and I have a question! :D

Hi Vickyar,
I am half-British half-Italian. As far as I know as an Italian you are allowed to receive NHS care after 3 months that you live in the UK and after you got a resident card. The best thing to do would be for your boyfriend to ask the NHS directly since he is in the UK.
If you move to the UK your husband doesn't need to have a £18600 per year job since you are Italian and you can live in the UK even without him.
As an Italian in the UK, you are treated as a British as long as you take residency. Basically you don't need your soon to be husband to have rights in the UK. You are Italian so as long as you are a resident here you have the same rights as Brits (except voting).
My mother's disgusting husband lived about 20 years in the UK as an Italian with no problems.Ciao.

Last edited by Foffion; May 24th 2014 at 8:56 am.
Old May 24th 2014, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Vickyar is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks foffion for taking the time to answer me! you made me laugh about your stepdads remark ahahah.
yes I know I can stay in the UK without getting married.
the thing is I live in argentina and work here. I do want to move over there but don't know exactly the date, and I don't want my child to be born here cuz thennthatnkid wouldn't be able to pass on rhe british citizenship (he could have the italian though).
so if I get married but I don't reside... I don't pay taxes just yet, I understood that I had to get registered somewhere and have a job or somwthing to be able to get the health card...
I just want ro know the best way to have the delivery and not get charged tons, since for mento raise £ 2000 here just for that it would be something like 20000 arg pesos... and I have to save the money for other expenses once I move.
thanks!
and I think that its the same in any EU country..
Old May 24th 2014, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Foffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to behold

Unfortunately I can't help you because I have never met an Italian woman who has given birth in the UK. Have you tried a forum of Italian people living abroad? Or maybe yahoo answers. But if you want to be 100% sure you should send your "soon to be husband" to ask the NHS.
Please read this page:
http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1086.aspx?categoryid=68

It looks like you are NOT entitled to free NHS treatment if you are not a resident, not even if you are pregnant. Sorry.
Looks like the best thing to do would be to move to the UK as soon as possible and become a resident, but it's your life and only you know what to do.
My brother's wife is Peruvian and she was pregnant when she first arrived in the UK but she entered with a spouse visa. She had no problems with the NHS.
I would write Italian, but I think it's rude towards the other people.
Ciao.

P.S.= I wish he was my stepdad, unfortunately I come from his balls but the postman is a better father figure.
Old May 25th 2014, 10:01 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you're married to a British citizen and living in the UK together then you are considered resident for the purposes of receiving NHS treatment even you are not working yourself so long as your husband is working. What you wouldn't be able to do is visit the UK to have your baby and then return to Argentina.

So if you marry in 2015 and move to the UK together then you will be entitled to free NHS treatment if you became pregnant. It would be a good idea to apply for your EEA residence card when you arrive. It costs £55, takes around three months to be issued and it's not a legal requirement but it will be very useful when you want to claim free NHS treatment. You can also use it as proof of residence in the UK if you ever wanted to apply for British citizenship.
Old May 28th 2014, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

The hospital will probably only ask you for proof of address (rental agreement, mortgage statement or council tax letter). In our experience some won't even do that as it depends on how popular the hospital is and whether they need to be sure that local residents who should go somewhere else aren't trying to "sneak in". They could ask you for much more rigorous proof of residence though.
You have a right to be in the UK as does your husband - so that makes taking up residence a lot earsier. Then you need to establish that you are intending to be here permanently, which is a matter of fact based on the circumstances , not box-ticking and doesn't necessarily rule out temporary returns to Argentina to "close up shop" there