Health Insurance req't for NON UK Spouse

Old Apr 2nd 2013, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

JBYoung6 is just really niceJBYoung6 is just really niceJBYoung6 is just really niceJBYoung6 is just really niceJBYoung6 is just really niceJBYoung6 is just really niceJBYoung6 is just really niceJBYoung6 is just really nice
Default Health Insurance req't for NON UK Spouse

I have been told this morning by sources back in the UK that legislation is being pushed through to make it even harder get get your NON UK spouse back to the UK. I was told that the UK Government are seeking to implement a requirement for the spouse to have Health insurance before entering the UK.
Has anyone else heard of this legislation coming into place ?
In the meantime apparently the regulations for Russians and Romanians to enter, stay, and claim benefits, in the UK are being relaxed further as of next year.
Isn't this somewhat turning into a sick joke !!!
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

JBYoung6 is just really niceJBYoung6 is just really niceJBYoung6 is just really niceJBYoung6 is just really niceJBYoung6 is just really niceJBYoung6 is just really niceJBYoung6 is just really niceJBYoung6 is just really nice
Default Re: Health Insurance req't for NON UK Spouse

See link below :-
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/201.../#.UVstDqLvsSE
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JBYoung6
I was expecting to see this at some point. But I hope to god it doesn't happen. Haven't we had enough thrown at us? It won't stop us though. Even if we have to pay for my OH, it will be worth it to know that he is being treated in a system where the profit motive has been taken out.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
I was expecting to see this at some point. But I hope to god it doesn't happen. Haven't we had enough thrown at us? It won't stop us though. Even if we have to pay for my OH, it will be worth it to know that he is being treated in a system where the profit motive has been taken out.
Are you suggesting that Health Care is profit motivated in the US ?
No freaking kidding !!!
I was back in the UK for a visit a couple of years ago and lost a medication that I need to take. This prescription normally cost me $50+ a month in the US.
I went through the hassle of getting a prescription to get some in the UK and went to the chemist. The chemist apologized and said that unfortunately I would have to pay full price as I didn't have a GP in the UK.
I had to pay a whopping 4 quid for the months supply.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 8:12 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Are you suggesting that Health Care is profit motivated in the US ?
No freaking kidding !!!
I was back in the UK for a visit a couple of years ago and lost a medication that I need to take. This prescription normally cost me $50+ a month in the US.
I went through the hassle of getting a prescription to get some in the UK and went to the chemist. The chemist apologized and said that unfortunately I would have to pay full price as I didn't have a GP in the UK.
I had to pay a whopping 4 quid for the months supply.
Sometime this month the full price will go up to a whopping 7 quid..
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 3:37 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I have been told this morning by sources back in the UK that legislation is being pushed through to make it even harder get get your NON UK spouse back to the UK. I was told that the UK Government are seeking to implement a requirement for the spouse to have Health insurance before entering the UK.
Has anyone else heard of this legislation coming into place ?
In the meantime apparently the regulations for Russians and Romanians to enter, stay, and claim benefits, in the UK are being relaxed further as of next year.
Isn't this somewhat turning into a sick joke !!!
Oh for God's sake. For non UK spouses who have a pre-existing condition, or for those who are already struggling to meet the financial requirements, this could be the last straw. In which case, I suppose the UK government would consider its mission accomplished.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Oh for God's sake. For non UK spouses who have a pre-existing condition, or for those who are already struggling to meet the financial requirements, this could be the last straw. In which case, I suppose the UK government would consider its mission accomplished.
I must admit that it finally shook my resolve a little last night, not specifically due to this new revelation (awful as it is) but because it made me realise just how determined those who make these laws are. I was further discouraged by the news that unemployment in countries that use the euro has hit 12%, a further indication that Britain can expect greater immigration.

So does anyone know if this includes Scotland, or just England and Wales?

Last edited by Perth; Apr 3rd 2013 at 12:01 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 12:54 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit that it finally shook my resolve a little last night, not specifically due to this new revelation (awful as it is) but because it made me realise just how determined those who make these laws are. I was further discouraged by the news that unemployment in countries that use the euro has hit 12%, a further indication that Britain can expect greater immigration.

So does anyone know if this includes Scotland, or just England and Wales?
I'v been feeling the same, phs. Getting the feeling (I wonder why?) that the UK considers me an undesirable foreigner. Didn't feel that way about the Australian soldiers who fought with them I know that sounds silly, and it's not personal, but it FEELS personal!

If it's just economics the govt's worrying about, my hubby and I would spend around 200,000 pounds before we even arrived, on a flat, and then be entirely self funded paying taxes and living a comfortable lifestyle, and spending those funds in the UK. But it shouldn't even be about that - as so many have said, it's about the basic right of UK citizens to live in their own country with their non-UK spouse. So close to saying 'up yours', and staying in Oz. Or..............Bali's looking good

But Bill wants to go home, and I quite like having him around, so I'd better try to swallow my pride. *chokes*
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'v been feeling the same, phs. Getting the feeling (I wonder why?) that the UK considers me an undesirable foreigner. Didn't feel that way about the Australian soldiers who fought with them I know that sounds silly, and it's not personal, but it FEELS personal!

If it's just economics the govt's worrying about, my hubby and I would spend around 200,000 pounds before we even arrived, on a flat, and then be entirely self funded paying taxes and living a comfortable lifestyle, and spending those funds in the UK. But it shouldn't even be about that - as so many have said, it's about the basic right of UK citizens to live in their own country with their non-UK spouse. So close to saying 'up yours', and staying in Oz. Or..............Bali's looking good

But Bill wants to go home, and I quite like having him around, so I'd better try to swallow my pride. *chokes*
My OH last night was saying, if it doesn't work out you know you can always go home when I am gone But I told him that the whole idea was that we go and enjoy life there together. One good thing, he offered to shift the timing from from 3 years to 2 DD will be done with nursing school and it makes no sense hanging around for another year. She will be living somewhere else entirely and getting on with her life.

Don't give up and let them win!!! Hang in there;we're all here for each other. We'll make it! Besides, Bali is just more of the same - beaches and sun, ugh
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 1:28 pm
Concierge

My OH last night was saying, if it doesn't work out you know you can always go home when I am gone But I told him that the whole idea was that we go and enjoy life there together. One good thing, he offered to shift the timing from from 3 years to 2 DD will be done with nursing school and it makes no sense hanging around for another year. She will be living somewhere else entirely and getting on with her life.

Don't give up and let them win!!! Hang in there;we're all here for each other. We'll make it! Besides, Bali is just more of the same - beaches and sun, ugh
Oh Gawd, our OH's sound so similar, mine has said virtually the same thing! To which I replied, if you die and leave me alone, I'll kill you 2 years hey? That won't take long to go, how exciting - you'd better start packing!!

Thanks for the words of wisdom, you're right and we won't let the bastards grind us down.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh Gawd, our OH's sound so similar, mine has said virtually the same thing! To which I replied, if you die and leave me alone, I'll kill you 2 years hey? That won't take long to go, how exciting - you'd better start packing!!

Thanks for the words of wisdom, you're right and we won't let the bastards grind us down.
That's the spirit Look at it as a challenge (I need a "bring it on" emoticon)

I know our OH's are both older, but is yours healthier than you like mine is? He even looks 10 years younger I tell myself that it must be having a younger wife that does it though

I know you said before but whereabouts are you heading back to? We are trying to decided between Exeter and Cardiff, although we may head to Scotland if things are favorable there. Not fussed, just want out of here, and fast
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 1:49 pm
Concierge

That's the spirit Look at it as a challenge (I need a "bring it on" emoticon)

I know our OH's are both older, but is yours healthier than you like mine is? He even looks 10 years younger I tell myself that it must be having a younger wife that does it though

I know you said before but whereabouts are you heading back to? We are trying to decided between Exeter and Cardiff, although we may head to Scotland if things are favorable there. Not fussed, just want out of here, and fast
He's healthy as a horse and people always think he's younger than he is - the bugger He's worked most of his life on oil and gas rigs so had to be pretty fit. We've only been married 11 months so I can't claim that it's me who keeps him young

He's from Liverpool so that's us. I've been over tons of times visiting his (mine as well now!) family, and I love it. I know that lots of people from the UK pooh pooh the place (I've lost count of the number of times people have trotted out the 'all scousers are thieves thing') but I find the people so friendly, the price of just about everything is far cheaper than in Perth, the shopping's great and it's only an hour or two from just about anywhere. And I've never been robbed once, although I do seem to get offered quite a few things in the pubs that look like they just fell off a shelf in Debenhams

I love Scotland (my grandparents are Scottish). Have visited North Wales quite a few times but haven't seen Cardiff yet - and I don't know where Exeter is (I was always crap at geography). You'll make a great life wherever you end up, you have a great attitude. And while we're waiting, I have the perfect 'bring it on' symbol (one each)
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

He's healthy as a horse and people always think he's younger than he is - the bugger He's worked most of his life on oil and gas rigs so had to be pretty fit. We've only been married 11 months so I can't claim that it's me who keeps him young

He's from Liverpool so that's us. I've been over tons of times visiting his (mine as well now!) family, and I love it. I know that lots of people from the UK pooh pooh the place (I've lost count of the number of times people have trotted out the 'all scousers are thieves thing') but I find the people so friendly, the price of just about everything is far cheaper than in Perth, the shopping's great and it's only an hour or two from just about anywhere. And I've never been robbed once, although I do seem to get offered quite a few things in the pubs that look like they just fell off a shelf in Debenhams

I love Scotland (my grandparents are Scottish). Have visited North Wales quite a few times but haven't seen Cardiff yet - and I don't know where Exeter is (I was always crap at geography). You'll make a great life wherever you end up, you have a great attitude. And while we're waiting, I have the perfect 'bring it on' symbol (one each)
Liverpool (I knew it had to be somewhere around there being the spouse of a scouse, but wasn't sure if you were going back to the city proper.) Been there - albeit a lifetime ago - lovely city!

Exeter is the county seat of Devon. I used to go to boarding school not far from there and it is familiar territory. Cardiff would be completely new. We are debating which we would prefer, since we are not going home to family. When we visit and have boots on the ground, we'll be able to get a feel for both places and maybe have a better idea.

You don't seem like the kind of person to give up easily either, so let's hang in there together and share lots of virtual drinks while we wait! How long for you now?
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 2:51 pm
Concierge

Liverpool (I knew it had to be somewhere around there being the spouse of a scouse, but wasn't sure if you were going back to the city proper.) Been there - albeit a lifetime ago - lovely city!

Exeter is the county seat of Devon. I used to go to boarding school not far from there and it is familiar territory. Cardiff would be completely new. We are debating which we would prefer, since we are not going home to family. When we visit and have boots on the ground, we'll be able to get a feel for both places and maybe have a better idea.

You don't seem like the kind of person to give up easily either, so let's hang in there together and share lots of virtual drinks while we wait! How long for you now?
Ah-ha - now Devon I know (haven't been but have read about it, oh so gorgeous). It must be exciting not to constrained by needing to go to one place - the UK is your oyster!

2 - 3 years for us, we have a dog who's getting on and can't leave him behind, and OH has a 19 year old son who lives with us and is still finding his way (from his bed, to the kitchen, to the computer room, and back to bed...you get the picture!) All our other kids (6 between us) are in their early 30s and independent.

Yes, I'm pretty resilient, just as well or I'd either be crazy (er) or 6 feet under by now One more tipple of that lovely looking cyber wine and I'd better hit the sack, before I turn into a pumpkin. I promise to gee you up if you falter on your 'UK or Bust' quest , if you'll promise to kick my bum if I do
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ah-ha - now Devon I know (haven't been but have read about it, oh so gorgeous). It must be exciting not to constrained by needing to go to one place - the UK is your oyster!

2 - 3 years for us, we have a dog who's getting on and can't leave him behind, and OH has a 19 year old son who lives with us and is still finding his way (from his bed, to the kitchen, to the computer room, and back to bed...you get the picture!) All our other kids (6 between us) are in their early 30s and independent.

Yes, I'm pretty resilient, just as well or I'd either be crazy (er) or 6 feet under by now One more tipple of that lovely looking cyber wine and I'd better hit the sack, before I turn into a pumpkin. I promise to gee you up if you falter on your 'UK or Bust' quest , if you'll promise to kick my bum if I do
Hope you had a good sleep! Never fear, we're in this together, lassie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.