Wikiposts

Head hurts, can't do the math

Old Mar 14th 2014, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Diamond guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Head hurts, can't do the math

I've just spent the last two days trying to figure out what I need to get back home and my head is hurting

My situation is:
Im a UK citizen
Son born in UK
kiwi fiancé of more than 2 years
Savings of £40k
Partners rental income of £5500pa
My pension of £7500pa
My current income is £43000pa

Neither of us have a job offer and will be living with my parents.

My question is, do we have enough to qualify?

If not, what do we need?

Many thanks in advance.

DG

Last edited by Diamond guy; Mar 14th 2014 at 8:53 am.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Head hurts, can't do the math

If you (British spouse) do not have job when returning to the UK, then you need savings/investments/ to make up the financial requirements of 62,500 GBP to sponsor your partner.

I'm presuming that your current income is not going to be continuing when you return, so you have savings of 40K and pension of 7,500, plus (and assuming that the rental could be in your name and continuing) 5,500GBP = 53,000GBP

You do not have the necessary financial requirement based on savings/investments to qualify. If your parents could gift you the necessary 9,500 GBP to make up the shortfall, and you held that money for 6 months, then you could qualify.

If you were to obtain a job in the UK with a salary of 18,600 starting within 3 months of return, then, since you already have a current job earning above the necessary 18,600, you would qualify.

The other method if for you to return to the UK, obtain a job earning 18,600 and after 6 months apply for the visa

Read the following document carefully to see how you could qualify:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...5/IDI6.doc.pdf
Old Mar 14th 2014, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Many thanks for your quick reply.

Does the rental property need to be in my name? At present it's in my fiancés name, though the income comes into our joint account.

Also the £9500, that has to be in my account for 6 months before I apply?

What if I get a job offer of say £15000pa, that wouldn't be included in the calculations?
Old Mar 14th 2014, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
If your parents could gift you the necessary 9,500 GBP to make up the shortfall, and you held that money for 6 months, then you could qualify.
The other option could be selling the rental property and holding that money in a joint account for 6 months.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Let's say I can't wait the 6 months, I take it my only option is get a job offer of over £18600pa?

Hypothetical- What if I got said job offer, signed the contract but didn't go through and start the job within 3 months of arriving, maybe the role was no longer available
Old Mar 14th 2014, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Is your NZ fiancé eligible for an ancestry visa? (i.e. a grandparent born in the UK). That's another option.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Diamond guy
Many thanks for your quick reply.

Does the rental property need to be in my name? At present it's in my fiancés name, though the income comes into our joint account.

Also the £9500, that has to be in my account for 6 months before I apply?

What if I get a job offer of say £15000pa, that wouldn't be included in the calculations?
If you get a job offer of 15,000 that would change things. You would still need to hold it for 6 months before applying for the visa.

With a job of 15,000 you have a shortfall of 3,600. With savings of 40K you deduct 16K and then divide the remainder by 2,5. = 9,600GBP

Add this to your 15,000 and you have 24,600. You qualify.

If you get the gift from your parent, yes, that has to be held for 6 months.

Better to get the rental in your name as its YOUR income which counts.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Let's say I can't wait the 6 months, I take it my only option is get a job offer of over £18600pa?

Hypothetical- What if I got said job offer, signed the contract but didn't go through and start the job within 3 months of arriving, maybe the role was no longer available
Fraud ...... and the UKBA does do checks on employers.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Mmmmm.... Don't make it easy to come back aye?
Old Mar 14th 2014, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mmmmm.... Don't make it easy to come back aye?
Selling of rental property to make up shortfall?

Selling it must realize more than the 5,500GBP per annum you receive.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 12:12 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Is your NZ fiancé eligible for an ancestry visa? (i.e. a grandparent born in the UK). That's another option.
A Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa might also be a temporary solution until the sponsor can meet the financial requirements.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
A Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa might also be a temporary solution until the sponsor can meet the financial requirements.
Please explain how that would work, BritinParis? Thanks.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 12:55 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrMuffin
Please explain how that would work, BritinParis? Thanks.
Scrap that idea, sorry, failed to factor in the child. roaringmouse's suggestion of an ancestry visa is still a good one as is determining whether the OP's fiancée has any other European ancestry that would lead to an EU/EEA passport.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Selling of rental property to make up shortfall?

Selling it must realize more than the 5,500GBP per annum you receive.
Not an option, real estate fees would wipe out any gains.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Russian decent (born there). Like your thinking though

If you get a job offer of 15,000 that would change things. You would still need to hold it for 6 months before applying for the visa.
You mean I would have to be in the UK myself before applying for her to join me? Or do you mean I would have to stay in the job for a minimum of 6 months after arriving?

With a job of 15,000 you have a shortfall of 3,600. With savings of 40K you deduct 16K and then divide the remainder by 2,5. = 9,600GBP

Add this to your 15,000 and you have 24,600. You qualify.
OK.

If you get the gift from your parent, yes, that has to be held for 6 months.
Sweet.

Better to get the rental in your name as its YOUR income which counts.
You mean it wont count if the property is only in her name? In NZ it's classed as relationship property as we've been together longer than 2 years.

Originally Posted by BritInParis
What is this you speak of?

Thanks for the help folks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.