Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK?

Old Mar 1st 2021, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

aabbcc123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK?

Hello everyone,

Thanks to this site, I was having visitor visa in the UK and one of my tooth was broken accidently . As I couldn't find any private dental centre around my living place , I called NHS 111 , and they appoint the detal service for me , which is An urgent dental treatment , paid £23.80 . However that's the NHS detal services , I'm concerned that would affect my further application to the visa because of the medial treatment questsion . What should I do now?

Thanks so much and I appreciate all your response
Old Mar 1st 2021, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK?

You paid for the treatment - no issues at all.
Old Mar 1st 2021, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
But I'm afraid that I used the NHS and Im not treated as a private patient
Old Mar 1st 2021, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You will need to pay for some things such as eye tests, dental treatment and prescriptions, just like people who live in England.

Prescription costs and dental charges

Patients in England are required to make contributions towards the cost of their NHS care, such as paying prescription costs or dental charges. You will be required to make the same contributions.

does that mean I'm okay?

do I need to mention that in my application ? or just ignore it?

Old Mar 1st 2021, 11:07 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You should certainly declare it but it’s not going to cause you issues. Emergency treatment is free for all including visitors so you paid the appropriate fee.
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 12:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You should certainly declare it but it’s not going to cause you issues. Emergency treatment is free for all including visitors so you paid the appropriate fee.
if you visited a doctor, clinic or hospital, this counts as having medical treatment

I am not sure but dentist seems doesn't count ?
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 12:49 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aabbcc123
if you visited a doctor, clinic or hospital, this counts as having medical treatment

You’re overthinking it but if it doesn’t count then you still have nothing to worry about it.
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aabbcc123

You had emergency treatment by an NHS dentist. On another forum you said you told them you were a visitor; he told you you had a chipped tooth.....if that's all you had then paying 25 GBP is about right......