Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Have you ever lived with (your sponser) within or outside the UK?

Have you ever lived with (your sponser) within or outside the UK?

Old Oct 16th 2019, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Mfamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Have you ever lived with (your sponser) within or outside the UK?

My sponser came to Pakistan five to six time after our marriage some time for 3 month sometime for 6 month and sometime for 5 or 7 month there is a question on application form
Have you ever lived with (sponser) within or outside the UK?,,

What should I put yes or not as there is another question that is
,,Have you met her?YesWhen did you first meet herI write here yes and gave details when i met her
what should i write on first question yes or not
Old Oct 16th 2019, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you ever lived with (your sponser) within or outside the UK?

Originally Posted by Mfamily
My sponser came to Pakistan five to six time after our marriage some time for 3 month sometime for 6 month and sometime for 5 or 7 month there is a question on application form
Have you ever lived with (sponser) within or outside the UK?,,

What should I put yes or not as there is another question that is
,,Have you met her?YesWhen did you first meet herI write here yes and gave details when i met her
what should i write on first question yes or not
Just complete the questions as asked:

Have you ever lived with sponsor within or outside of UK ? If you have then put Yes and give details
Have you met her . YES
When did you meet her Give dates

What is so difficult about these questions?
Old Oct 16th 2019, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Just complete the questions as asked:

Have you ever lived with sponsor within or outside of UK ? If you have then put Yes and give details
Have you met her . YES
When did you meet her Give dates

What is so difficult about these questions?
I lived with her but she didn't come Pakistan permanently just came for visit and went
Old Oct 16th 2019, 9:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I lived with her but she didn't come Pakistan permanently just came for visit and went
Then IMO you didn’t live with her if she was only visiting.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

Then IMO you didn’t live with her if she was only visiting.
That's why I'm confused.. But she came for 7 month last time and lived with me and we have a daughter she also lived with us but they both are British citizen just came and went as we are giving tickets evidence and there is 7 month gap coming and going I'm confused what to write here if i write no here then they can say you lived 7 month together
Old Oct 16th 2019, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

That's why I'm confused.. But she came for 7 month last time and lived with me and we have a daughter she also lived with us but they both are British citizen just came and went as we are giving tickets evidence and there is 7 month gap coming and going I'm confused what to write here if i write no here then they can say you lived 7 month together
Yes, that's why you should say Yes to living together...... presume your sponsor is also Pakistani so a 7 month stay in Pakistan with your husband is living together I would say.......
Old Oct 16th 2019, 9:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

That’s still not living together IMO, just a long visit. Living together in my eyes means cohabiting properly i.e. shared personal affairs, shared financial responsibilities etc, and moving in together with the intention of it being permanent.

JMO though and SDG disagrees, so it’s clearly a matter of opinion. Put whatever you feel is correct, & if in doubt maybe check with a qualified immi lawyer/consultant?

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 16th 2019 at 9:31 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

Manuella is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you are getting confused with the meaning of the word live. The answer is Yes.
You can live together even for a day and that's why they then ask you to provide details of when and where you lived together. You will then need to proof this by providing say travel tickets, photos together etc.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Manuella
I think you are getting confused with the meaning of the word live. The answer is Yes.
You can live together even for a day and that's why they then ask you to provide details of when and where you lived together. You will then need to proof this by providing say travel tickets, photos together etc.
But in the application form they again ask have you ever met your sponser their they asked when did you first time meet and last time meet
Old Oct 16th 2019, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

christmasoompa I think its open to interpretation and if you follow the application forms it asks for how often you meet. If the OP can proof they live together during visit's then I would think it would add a bit of weight.
If we look at the question in case of renewal rather than first time application then it takes a whole different meaning.
That's my two cents though.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

But in the application form they again ask have you ever met your sponser their they asked when did you first time meet and last time meet
one of the rules to qualify the application is that the applicant and spouse must have met before the application. And still asks where your wedding was and if it's arranged marriage. All the answers will be sustantiated by the supporting documents you provide.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

one of the rules to qualify the application is that the applicant and spouse must have met before the application. And still asks where your wedding was and if it's arranged marriage. All the answers will be sustantiated by the supporting documents you provide.
I said yes where they asked have you ever met gave them details first time meeting and last time meeting only confused where they asked have you ever lived together As we didn't live together with the intention of settlement
Old Oct 16th 2019, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

I said yes where they asked have you ever met gave them details first time meeting and last time meeting only confused where they asked have you ever lived together As we didn't live together with the intention of settlement
I don't see what's difficult about the question. If you lived together in between the first time you met and last time you met then say so and provide supporting documents like travel tickets, passport stamps or so to substantiate that.
The question would only raise alarms if you lived together in case of an arranged marriage where I believe the couple are not supposed to meet before the marriage.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

I don't see what's difficult about the question. If you lived together in between the first time you met and last time you met then say so and provide supporting documents like travel tickets, passport stamps or so to substantiate that.
The question would only raise alarms if you lived together in case of an arranged marriage where I believe the couple are not supposed to meet before the marriage.
Mind you having lived together would add weight to a subsisting relationship.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Mind you having lived together would add weight to a subsisting relationship.
Thanks Manuella i just wrote there my wife and my daughter came to meet me in Pakistan and they lived about 8 month with me in this period we also went to visit Dubai and Saudi Arabia
As they asked when and where did you live together answering questions like this will be sufficient of should i write my complete address?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.