Have we missed the boat

Old Dec 19th 2020, 4:01 am
Just Joined

nannab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Have we missed the boat

My daughter and I care for her 15 yr old twin boys both have a rare chromosome deletion with severe behavioural issues as well as multiple & complex concerns .We are physically & emotionally burnt out , as the boys fight relentlessly and are up at 2.30 am everyday ,but we have been desperately trying for so long to relocate from Australia to the UK where we have family & friends to support us ,we have nothing here and there is nothing for any of us in the future, the boys are deemed too difficult to manage so services are not able to help and can only maintain us , their words not mine .We were all born in UK and have British passports etc , also now have the finances to get back , but will have to pay a fortune for a medical travel companion to help us as I am physically disabled and in constant pain so cannot help my daughter with the boys on a plane .We don’t honestly know what to do now with COVID as we may not be able to get the boys into school and in rented accommodation they will be a nightmare, the cost of everything has gone up and we need exemptions to leave Australia but have to book flights first , don’t know what to do about furniture ( we are renting furnished accommodation to start ) or the house and car here which we own .To be honest we are too broken to think so hoping someone out there can help us brainstorm . Wanted to be home for Christmas so depressed now which isn’t helping, just afraid for this family .
Old Dec 19th 2020, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have we missed the boat

If you have the finances (as you say you do) and you are all Brits then you are in a better position that many people
You sell the house and car you own.
You hire a medical travel companion to help with the boys on the plane.
In the first instance you will have to rent privately, as, until you are assessd by whichever district council you end up with, you are unlikely to get immediate Government/council assistance.
I lsee that you have been asking similar questions with regard moving and the boys situation since 2012.
I don''t think how you can return to the UK has changed.