Has anyone used the new visa4uk application ?

Old Aug 13th 2015, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

gjscott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone used the new visa4uk application ?

Has anyone used the https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome method to get a visa for a spouse ?

I did it last night. Was expensive, £960 for the IHS cover and £1530 for the visa application.

There were no questions about income or savings in the application, I assume they must come later.
Old Aug 13th 2015, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone used the new visa4uk application ?

Have you filled out Appendix 2? That covers all the financial aspects.
Old Aug 13th 2015, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

There is no appendix 2 in the application.
Old Aug 13th 2015, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

This is Appendix 2 https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-Appendix2.pdf which you must download, print and complete and send with your supporting documents and biometric receipt.

Are you applying for just your spouse? IHS costs £600 for the first visa. Have you read all the necessary documents to make sure you meet all the requirements? Accommodation, financial and relationship?
Old Aug 13th 2015, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by michali
This is Appendix 2 https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-Appendix2.pdf which you must download, print and complete and send with your supporting documents and biometric receipt.

Are you applying for just your spouse? IHS costs £600 for the first visa. Have you read all the necessary documents to make sure you meet all the requirements? Accommodation, financial and relationship?

Why did they charge me £960 for the IHS I wonder ?

I went though the application and it just states to supply the 'supporting documents' with the biometric receipt with no reference to what the supporting documents actually are.

We meet the financial, accommodation, and relationship requirements.

Thanks for the info about Appendix 2.
Is there anything else after that ?

Is there a clear list of the application stages I can refer to ?
Old Aug 13th 2015, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You should have been charged 600 GBP for the initial spouse visa:

2.5 years (rounded up to 3 years) x 200 per year = 600 GBP.

You need to provide documentation proving financial fulfillment (payslips, bank statement, employment contract etc), accommodation requirements and relationship requirements.

Suggest you
carefully read:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...e_20140324.pdf

and

the Appendix FM-SE (sorry can't give you a link there is a problem with UKVI website just now)

Both documents details what you should be providing for all the qualifying categories.
Old Aug 14th 2015, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You should have been charged 600 GBP for the initial spouse visa:

2.5 years (rounded up to 3 years) x 200 per year = 600 GBP.

You need to provide documentation proving financial fulfillment (payslips, bank statement, employment contract etc), accommodation requirements and relationship requirements.

Suggest you
carefully read:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...e_20140324.pdf

and

the Appendix FM-SE (sorry can't give you a link there is a problem with UKVI website just now)

Both documents details what you should be providing for all the qualifying categories.
Thanks for the links.

I see the confusion on the IHC payment, I got confused with the currency exchange. $960 is £614.98.

Thanks for the info.