Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Has anyone sent in additional documents after the application is in progress?

Has anyone sent in additional documents after the application is in progress?

Old Oct 14th 2018, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

usawomantouk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anyone sent in additional documents after the application is in progress

Hey guys! Got my visa back and it was approved! Headed to London on Tuesday. Good luck to you!!! It will come soon !!!
Old Oct 15th 2018, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Matti1107 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anyone sent in additional documents after the application is in progress

Originally Posted by Matti1107
We sent in our application for a spouse settlement visa in March. Documents received Sheffield 13th April. Received the "not straightforward email" at about 58WD. Now 112WD since documents received Sheffield.

Sent in some additional documents 20.09.18 to support the application by email attachments: bank statements, updated Land Registry certificate confirming property ownership, more utility bills, tax summary from HMRC for 1 year showing total income and tax paid.

Just wondering if anyone has done this and if so, what documents and what was the reply, result if any?
Update: Decision made 11th October and our passport and visa was received today 15.10.18. Total 6 months or 127 working days. It may be that sending in additional documents helped but my recommendation to anyone applying is:

1. Research the required documents thoroughly again and again. Go on a course if possible. Use u--tube videos.
2. Make sure ALL required documents are collected and double checked BEFORE sending
3. Don't use staples to hold the bundles together. Don't use a folder, just a big envelope.
4. Make sure documents are clear, easy to read and ordered.
5. Send extra documents, references and testimonials that may help
6. Make sure every statement is stamped and/or signed where required
7. If you pay for priority put the receipt page at the top

On hindsight I believe our documents could have been better organised and more complete. Order and completeness is the key. Make it as easy as possible for the ECO to examine your documents. The easier it is to check, the faster the process will be. If the documents asked for are all there, and in order, well presented, easy to leaf through, you shouldn't have any issues. Go for perfection from start to finish.

I think immigration personnel have a tough job to do, not always motivating or interesting and an enormous responsibility. Respect their position and you will receive respect. Good luck to everyone still waiting. I will be on the website if anyone wants any advice regarding their applications.

Old Oct 16th 2018, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

toytu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by usawomantouk
Hello,

I forgot my husband's bank statements in my application. Have you heard anything back? I sent my husband's today to see if they would accept them at all. My application was submitted on July 25th. I am so worried that I will get refused... I only forgot the bank statements. I thought the offer letter, letter of employment, contract and 12 months of pay slips would suffice.
Hi, you send 12 months of payslip? Did you go CAT A?