Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Guidelines for visiting UK spouse before applying for settlement

Guidelines for visiting UK spouse before applying for settlement

Old May 29th 2018, 5:15 am
Just Joined

lady7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Guidelines for visiting UK spouse before applying for settlement

I am a Canadian whom married a British Citizen in Canada in April during a civil ceremony with our families present. We are having our religious wedding ceremony and wedding reception in September in Canada. I plan to officially move to UK thereafter. We are currently preparing our supporting documentation for the spouse visa application.

In the meantime, I have been invited to his friend's wedding in mid-July. Is it reasonable / allowable that I enter UK as a visitor for less than 6 months (and not a fiance visa) to attend the wedding and maintain our relationship? I plan to leave UK a week later, and submit my spouse visa application at the end of July when I return back to Canada. I do have a job so there is something 'pulling me back' home. I plan to bring the friend's wedding invitation with my name on it along with a return flight ticket to present to IO if requested.

Should I enter the UK on a visitor visa before submitting my spouse application, or am I potentially jeopardizing my case?

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by lady7; May 29th 2018 at 5:25 am.
Old May 29th 2018, 10:46 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guidelines for visiting UK spouse before applying for settlement

No problem with that.