Guidance for Obtaining Spouse Visa next month

Old Mar 3rd 2019, 8:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guidance for Obtaining Spouse Visa next month

Originally Posted by danigirl18
I guess I have to postpone the application by next month and I must ask my husband to leave that job and look for another one who will issue payslips to him.

So in connection with that if he gets another job and he work there for a full period of 6 months are we now qualified to apply for spouse visa under Category A or B employment with 18,600 gbp or more?
Legally, every UK employer must supply a payslip every time they pay one of their employees.
If you husband is receiving wages, but not receiving payslips, then his employer is breaking the law. They must supply a payslip every time they pay him.
Old Mar 3rd 2019, 9:40 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like he’s operating as a sole trader so he won’t file his tax return until the next financial year. Being paid in cash and not depositing in any bank account could cause you some serious problems however. Does he have any paperwork relating to his payments?
Old Mar 3rd 2019, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

danigirl18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Legally, every UK employer must supply a payslip every time they pay one of their employees.
If you husband is receiving wages, but not receiving payslips, then his employer is breaking the law. They must supply a payslip every time they pay him.
Thank you Pollyana!

Just hoping that once I applied for the spouse visa I will get approve as living again in LDR with your husband after you get married are really breaking our hearts
Old Mar 3rd 2019, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Sounds like he’s operating as a sole trader so he won’t file his tax return until the next financial year. Being paid in cash and not depositing in any bank account could cause you some serious problems however. Does he have any paperwork relating to his payments?
hi BIP

Please help me understand this one is sole trader and working in limited company different?

He got paid in cash two months after his business dissolved as his bank account was also close. So he has to wait until he come back from vacation early this year to apply for a new personal bank account.

Does he have any paperwork relating to his payments?[/QUOTE]
are you referring to his income after business dissolved or before?
Old Mar 3rd 2019, 10:21 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

hi BIP

Please help me understand this one is sole trader and working in limited company different?

He got paid in cash two months after his business dissolved as his bank account was also close. So he has to wait until he come back from vacation early this year to apply for a new personal bank account.
If there is a registered company then it is the company that gets paid. Even if your husband was the sole director he and the business are legally separate. As a sole trader your husband and the business are one and the same.

are you referring to his income after business dissolved or before?
After. The money he has received since the registered company was dissolved.

To be honest, it may be more useful if your husband could join the forum and respond to questions asked in this thread. It would reduce the chances of miscommunication.
Old Mar 3rd 2019, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If there is a registered company then it is the company that gets paid. Even if your husband was the sole director he and the business are legally separate. As a sole trader your husband and the business are one and the same.

To be honest, it may be more useful if your husband could join the forum and respond to questions asked in this thread. It would reduce the chances of miscommunication.
I will try my best again to convince him to join the forum BIP

But at the meantime please let me answer all the queries as I will write the best I can in behalf of my husband's answer (hope all of you guys who helped us a lot won't mind).

As per my husband he is not a sole trader as his company was registered as Limited Removal Company which can be seen in the Companies House website. He pays his accountant to do all the annual tax transactions and etc.

-He have all the paperwork only from January up to present. But when he was paid IN CASH during the last two months of 2018 NO
Old Mar 3rd 2019, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Can anyone give answer please

Follow up query in behalf of my husband.
1. If we can get proof that my husband are earning more than 18,600GBP for the last full year can we use that and apply for spouse visa under Self employed even the business are now dissolved? Or this will be irrelevant idea?

I am so desperate to be with my husband any suggestions and comments are appreciated please 😔
Old Mar 3rd 2019, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone give answer please

Follow up query in behalf of my husband.
1. If we can get proof that my husband are earning more than 18,600GBP for the last full year can we use that and apply for spouse visa under Self employed even the business are now dissolved? Or this will be irrelevant idea?

I am so desperate to be with my husband any suggestions and comments are appreciated please � ����
His last financial year was May 2017 to April 2018...... even if he earned 18,600GBP from that financial year it is irrelevant as he cannot use income from any source which is over a year old. For Cat B you must use current income (showing earning of over 18,600GBP) AND earning of 18,600GBP in the immediate 12 months prior to application. At this moment you can't put in an application as you have no proof of current employment.

Furthermore this company is now out of business .....

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Mar 3rd 2019 at 7:42 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2019, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Hello there

Due to very complicated proof of earnings of my husband that we have at the moment in the UK plus with all your advises we have decided to make the spouse visa application early next year then just apply for standard visitor visa by this month.

1. Though I am earning 4x of the required threshold per annum outside UK I assume we cannot use this to be part of the financial requirement on our application am I right?
2. And oh after my husband's limited company dissolved, he is now working as self-employed (Sole trader), though he is not getting payslip can we ask for invoices instead and include it on our application? We can now provide bank statement as his salary been deposited on his account from January 2019 onwards, only from October 2018 up to December 2018 he was paid in cash (due to his business account close)
3. As a Sole trader his tax return can be filed only until the next financial year (april 2019 - april 2020), in this case are we fine to apply for the spouse visa by January 2020 or we must wait until April 2020 once he filed his self assessment (sole trader) tax return?
4. What are the complete requirements needed to provide as Sole trader?
5. For accommodation requirements is TENANCY AGREEMENT enough or do we have to ask letter from the landlord? what should be the content of the letter?
6. For TB test can I do it where i live (working overseas) or it should be done in my home origin?
7. I just had taken my IELTS English test, should I include the original?
8. While submitting the supporting documents, should I send it by post bound to Sheffield or my husband in the UK can send the supporting documents to Sheffield? As I am planning to bring the spouse visa supporting documents once I go to UK on visit visa by May 2019.
9. I have seen that from 5 NOVEMBER 2018 any evidence you provide can be originals or copies. Which means it will save us some money as I don't have to ask my husband to send our marriage certificate and his birth certificate through courier or post? Can anyone confirm about this please.

We are hoping that everything will be complete before we finally apply for the spouse visa. Any comments and advise again on this thread will be much appreciated.

Thanks guys!! God bless us all
Old Mar 19th 2019, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
His last financial year was May 2017 to April 2018...... even if he earned 18,600GBP from that financial year it is irrelevant as he cannot use income from any source which is over a year old. For Cat B you must use current income (showing earning of over 18,600GBP) AND earning of 18,600GBP in the immediate 12 months prior to application. At this moment you can't put in an application as you have no proof of current employment.

Furthermore this company is now out of business .....
Hi SanDiegogirl

Thanks I really appreciate your time to answer my queries, thank you.
We decided to apply for standard visitor visa for the time being and do the spouse visa hopefully early next year. I have posted additional queries, appreciate your comments again
Old Apr 24th 2019, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Hello

Is it true that all spouse visa application made in Africa, supporting documents must be submitted to South Africa instead of sending to Sheffield?

As I am traveling to UK end of this month on Visit visa I am planning to bring all my available original documents to my husband for him to send in Sheffield, but can anyone confirm if this is irrelevant?

Thanks! Cheers!
Old Apr 24th 2019, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Is it true that all spouse visa application made in Africa, supporting documents must be submitted to South Africa instead of sending to Sheffield?

As I am traveling to UK end of this month on Visit visa I am planning to bring all my available original documents to my husband for him to send in Sheffield, but can anyone confirm if this is irrelevant?

Thanks! Cheers!
All spouse visa applications in Africa?? Africa is huge. I applied from Nigeria (west Africa) and my docs were sent to Sheffield
Old Apr 24th 2019, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OSJG
All spouse visa applications in Africa?? Africa is huge. I applied from Nigeria (west Africa) and my docs were sent to Sheffield
hi OSJG

I am currently under work visa in Northeast Africa, I called the british embassy visa section where I am currently residing and they told me that all supporting docs has to be sent to South Africa not in Sheffield. That’s why now I am so confuse if I have to take all the supporting documents with me since I’ll be going to UK end of this month 😩

Do you think it would be recommended to do the application in my home origin than where I am currently residing with legal residence work permit for more than 2 years? As I have been told that spouse visa application must be done in home origin not in the 3rd country?
Old Apr 24th 2019, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute

hi OSJG

I am currently under work visa in Northeast Africa, I called the british embassy visa section where I am currently residing and they told me that all supporting docs has to be sent to South Africa not in Sheffield. That’s why now I am so confuse if I have to take all the supporting documents with me since I’ll be going to UK end of this month 😩

Do you think it would be recommended to do the application in my home origin than where I am currently residing with legal residence work permit for more than 2 years? As I have been told that spouse visa application must be done in home origin not in the 3rd country?
The best authority to tell you where to send your supporting docs to is the VAC (visa application center) You may want to mention the exact country you're applying from as someone who applied from there recently may see this and help. I do know however that when you go for biometrics, you'll be given a sheet of paper with the address where you should send to and order to put docs. This was what happened to me.

Also as far as you are legally resident in the country you're in right now, it's ok to apply from there. You don't have to travel to your home country just to apply.
Old Apr 24th 2019, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

A
Originally Posted by OSJG
The best authority to tell you where to send your supporting docs to is the VAC (visa application center) You may want to mention the exact country you're applying from as someone who applied from there recently may see this and help. I do know however that when you go for biometrics, you'll be given a sheet of paper with the address where you should send to and order to put docs. This was what happened to me.
oh sorry I forgot to include my exact country 😅 I am currently working (expat) in Khartoum. So you think it’s best to retain all my original documents with me rather than leaving it with my husband in the UK once I visit him end of this month?
Also as far as you are legally resident in the country you're in right now, it's ok to apply from there. You don't have to travel to your home country just to apply.
This is my plan though I receive lots of information that I am not allowed to apply from here and it has to be in my home origin. But I will still try to do it here since I legally worked here for more than 2 years already. And I only plan to leave my work once visa is surely granted 🙂

Last edited by danigirl18; Apr 24th 2019 at 6:17 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.