Guarantor for financial requirement possible?

Old May 13th 2014, 10:45 am
Just Joined

geishagirl2014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Guarantor for financial requirement possible?

Is it possible for someone to go guarantor if you don't meet the financial requirement?

I'm at a loss as to how we are going to make it otherwise!

We are about 10K short of the 62,500 in savings & we are living abroad studying at the moment, so my husband (my sponsor) has hardly earned in the past 12 months.

My interview with the embassy is tomorrow
Old May 13th 2014, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice
Default Re: Guarantor for financial requirement possible?

Hi,
As far as I know the sad answer to your Q is "No"....however, if you know someone with a spare 10K who can "gift" you the shortfall then you can do that. But it has to be a gift and not a loan. You would need to have that person write a letter explaining where the money came from and that they are "gifting" it to you.
Good luck
Cheers
Nigel
Old May 13th 2014, 11:31 am
Just Joined

geishagirl2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ncoomber
Hi,
As far as I know the sad answer to your Q is "No"....however, if you know someone with a spare 10K who can "gift" you the shortfall then you can do that. But it has to be a gift and not a loan. You would need to have that person write a letter explaining where the money came from and that they are "gifting" it to you.
Good luck
Cheers
Nigel
Thanks Nigel, would this 'gift' have to be in our possession for at least 6 months before applying for the visa?

Or could I get the money transferred into my account tonight, go into the embassy tomorrow with a letter from the person who has gifted it & that would be okay?
Old May 13th 2014, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice

I am not sure....but I suspect it will. Your funds have to be in your control for six months. So probably it will, sorry. Hopefully someone else will chime in and confirm this.
Good Luck,
Cheers
Nigel
Old May 13th 2014, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geishagirl2014
Thanks Nigel, would this 'gift' have to be in our possession for at least 6 months before applying for the visa?

Or could I get the money transferred into my account tonight, go into the embassy tomorrow with a letter from the person who has gifted it & that would be okay?
Sorry - it needs to be in your control for the 6 months prior to your application. And it needs to be a true gift, not a 'gift' which will be returned. Any hint that it is not fully yours (or if it is clear in 2.5 years time when you apply for FLR that you have returned the money) will lead to a 10 year ban for deception. I would expect (but this is just a guess) the most believable form of a gift would be one from parents or grandparents and which was clearly an early release of inheritance and either accompanied by similar gifts to siblings or by a clear statement that the amount was reduced from the inheritance due in that person's will.

Last edited by englishguygoinghome; May 13th 2014 at 2:32 pm. Reason: though about inheritance