Gov 80% salary payout and benefit restrictions

Old Mar 20th 2020, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gov 80% salary payout and benefit restrictions

Hi
My wife who is FLR(M) is likely to lose her job because her employer ( a small business) is unable to sustain itself financialy as a direct result of the virus. Tonight the government promised to pay 80% of salary of people unable to work or made redundant. I am sure this will have an impact on many of us here so my question is:
Will this 80% be seen as a benefit and would payment of this be against immigration rules?

Thanks
Old Mar 21st 2020, 12:22 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gov 80% salary payout and benefit restrictions

No-one is going to be able to give you an answer yet. It’s only just been announced and we’re in completely uncharted territory.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

bobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
No-one is going to be able to give you an answer yet. It’s only just been announced and we’re in completely uncharted territory.
Hi. I understand this is uncharted territory but its happening now and choices are either to say 'thanks but no thanks, I will make myself redundant' or run with it.
Having had time to digest this some more since the news came out, my take on it is that the government pays the 80% to the business and the business then continues to disburse salary in the usual way. The agreement is between the government and the business (the business is in effect being bailed out to continue post coronavirus). The individual employee is not claiming 'public funds'.
At least I hope I am right!

Old Mar 21st 2020, 10:58 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I would tend to agree with your assessment.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Policy reader is an unknown quantity at this point

In my view it might be in the form of reimbursing your previously paid taxes during the time when someone is out of work. My guess can be wrong because nobody knows yet and no official news has been disseminated afterwards.
Old May 7th 2020, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

From UK Gov website..https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-fo...#who-can-claim

Employees you can claim for

Foreign nationals are eligible to be furloughed. Grants under the scheme are not counted as ‘access to public funds’, and you can furlough employees on all categories of visa.