Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Good news for those stuck outside UK with 30 days vignette

Good news for those stuck outside UK with 30 days vignette

Old Apr 28th 2020, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Policy reader is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good news for those stuck outside UK with 30 days vignette

If your 30 day visa to work, study or join family has expired

If your 30 day visa to travel to the UK for work, study or to join family has expired, or is about to expire, you can request a replacement visa with revised validity dates free of charge until the end of this year.

To make a request, contact the Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre. You’ll need to include your name, nationality, date of birth and your GWF reference number with ‘REPLACEMENT 30 DAY VISA’ in the subject line. If you’ve already contacted us about this, please let us know in your email.

You’ll be contacted when our VACs reopen to arrange for a replacement visa to be endorsed in your passport.

You will not be penalised for being unable collect your BRP while coronavirus measures are in place.

This process will be in place until the end of 2020.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residents#outside-uk
Old May 6th 2020, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Holdenapple is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good news for those stuck outside UK with 30 days vignette

Are there any rumblings of when VFS will reopen in Canada?
Old May 6th 2020, 10:24 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Holdenapple
Are there any rumblings of when VFS will reopen in Canada?
Not as yet. Maybe some news on Sunday with Boris’ announcement regarding the lockdown.
Old May 7th 2020, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Holdenapple is an unknown quantity at this point

If your vignette was valid for May but you now wanted to enter the UK in July but VFS was still not open, would UK customs refuse you entry since the replacement of vignette's are pretty much a formality now?
Old May 7th 2020, 2:50 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Holdenapple
If your vignette was valid for May but you now wanted to enter the UK in July but VFS was still not open, would UK customs refuse you entry since the replacement of vignette's are pretty much a formality now?
You’ll still need a valid vignette as it stands.
Old Jun 5th 2020, 4:35 am
Just Joined

Jac2020 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am on the boat that because of covid-19, we are waiting for the approval, we haven't prepared the move yet and don't know when we should plan for
Ideally summer is a good time as it seems easier to get in a school when everybody move around. But now it is unrealistic.

Is that the case that I could always request the vignette to be changed within the visa period, but the covid-19 just make it free ?

I am just wondering how much I can defer without impacting the ILR/citizenship route given 33 months for entry-clearance and 30 months for the next. So if I defer too much then I might have to renew a third spouse visa?
Old Jun 5th 2020, 11:39 pm

You should aim to move within your initial 30 day window. The first visa is valid for 33 months so in theory you’ll have three months’ leeway however I wouldn’t leave it that late. If you’re short by a few weeks then it could get very expensive for you at the five year mark.
Old Jun 7th 2020, 1:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You should aim to move within your initial 30 day window. The first visa is valid for 33 months so in theory you’ll have three months’ leeway however I wouldn’t leave it that late. If you’re short by a few weeks then it could get very expensive for you at the five year mark.
Unfortunately I have a 3 months notice period. Furthermore, with UK imposing a 14 days quarantine on arrival and here, I can't travel in between to settle outstanding things.

How far along can I defer the vignette? Is there a limit? 6 months? 9 months? a year?
Old Jun 7th 2020, 1:09 am
Just Joined

Initially, I plan to land and return for max 6 months to give notice and settle things here, given the residency requirement is The applicant must not have spent more than 180 days outside of the UK in a 12-month period during their UK residency

However, with the covid-19 and quarantine on foreign arrival, I don't like to travel
Old Jun 9th 2020, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Policy reader is an unknown quantity at this point

By refreshing the previously given link there has been few more exemption and benevolence offered by UKVI can be seen with the most prominent one relating to financial requirement.
Old Jun 9th 2020, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Jac2020
Unfortunately I have a 3 months notice period. Furthermore, with UK imposing a 14 days quarantine on arrival and here, I can't travel in between to settle outstanding things.

How far along can I defer the vignette? Is there a limit? 6 months? 9 months? a year?
For the length of your visa but any more than three months and you’ll have to renew it twice in the UK in order to become eligible for ILR.
Old Jun 10th 2020, 5:09 am
Just Joined

Thank you very much for all your reply

Finger crossing and waiting for the decision.