Going to the UK from the Philippines

Old Jun 13th 2016, 10:20 am
Just Joined

djmagik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going to the UK from the Philippines

Hey Everyone,

This has been such a confusing road for us, and we really are thinking about giving up going to the UK ever, because we are just super confused and not sure what to do, maybe you guys can assist us with information.

So we are planning to visit the UK. Me and my daughter.

So here it goes.

I met my girlfriend filipino, and we had a baby girl here in the Philippines.
My daughter carry my last name, and I'm on the birth certificate as the father.

What would be the process to get her to the UK?
Old Jun 13th 2016, 10:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going to the UK from the Philippines

Welcome to BE.

Are you a UK citizen? You've not actually said!

You just want to visit the UK, or move there permanently?

You only mention your daughter and yourself, what about your gf, do you want her to accompany you?

If you can give more info then the lovely peeps here will no doubt be along shortly to help.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

inggris is an unknown quantity at this point

What is your child's nationality?
Old Jun 13th 2016, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Hi

Im British, and my daughter has a Philippines passport.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 10:59 am
Just Joined

And yes, my girlfriend applied for a separate visa, still waiting to hear back on that.

But we are travelling together.. we are just wanting to visit.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 11:01 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by djmagik
Hi

Im British, and my daughter has a Philippines passport.
your daughter is already a British Citizen and only needs a British Passport, assuming you are a British Citizen other than by descent.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 11:07 am
Just Joined

Yes I'm FULL british, all british parents. and lived in the UK all my life.

But moved to the PH and had a baby girl. She has PH passport. And I'm on birth cert as father.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 11:37 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you were born in the UK then your daughter is a British citizen by descent and will need a British passport. As she was born in the Philippines this will take many months to obtain, probably over a year.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 11:39 am
Just Joined

I have got her ROA (Right of abode) So i can take her to the UK

Then straight to the passport office and get same day on her passport if i pay the fast track right?
Old Jun 13th 2016, 11:46 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If your daughter has a Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode in her Philippine passport then I'm not sure what your question is. Providing the mother has no objections you can just get on a flight to the UK.

The processing times for her British passport won't be any shorter if you applied in the UK but you can come and go from the UK as you please providing her CoE to ROA remains valid whilst you are waiting for the passport application to be processed.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

The OP would have to get full legal approval in writing from the mother.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
The OP would have to get full legal approval in writing from the mother.
Sounds like she's already applied for a visitor visa and will be going with them which begs the question what the OP's question actually is.