Wikiposts

Getting UK Visa With UK Police Simple Caution

Old Oct 23rd 2013, 3:30 am
Just Joined

Gvantsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Getting UK Visa With UK Police Simple Caution

Hello everyone,

6 months ago while visiting uk as a student visitor, I have been given a simple caution by uk police for theft..
I know it sounds really bad, but it happened because me and my friend had a stuuupid bet on doing something like that.
Anyways,
After i came back to my country, i starter job in a great company, that has a strong business connections with some top british companies.

In a near future our company intends to visit UK for business purposes as a business visitors.

Now here's the problem..
Is it possible to get UK visa with that damn simple caution?

I will write down in my application about that criminal past of mine.. And try to explain that i will never ever ever do any offence or anything illegal.

Has anyone experienced same thing?

Or have you ever heard of anyone getting UK visa while having a simple caution?

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 7:00 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting UK Visa With UK Police Simple Caution

Originally Posted by Gvantsa
Hello everyone,

6 months ago while visiting uk as a student visitor, I have been given a simple caution by uk police for theft..
I know it sounds really bad, but it happened because me and my friend had a stuuupid bet on doing something like that.
Anyways,
After i came back to my country, i starter job in a great company, that has a strong business connections with some top british companies.

In a near future our company intends to visit UK for business purposes as a business visitors.

Now here's the problem..

I will write down in my application about that criminal past of mine.. And try to explain that i will never ever ever do any offence or anything illegal.

Thanks in advance
What country are you a citizen of? You may not even need a visa.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute

Does the Caution even show up on your record? Did you go to court?
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

No I didnt go to the court.

But as I know I still have to say that i have a caution. should I?
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dunroving
What country are you a citizen of? You may not even need a visa.
Yes i do need a visa
Old Oct 24th 2013, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

No I didnt go to the court.

But as I know I still have to say that i have a caution. should I?
Yes! If they find out you are trying to use deception to get a visa, then you will get a 10 year ban. After that 10 year ban, any future requests to enter the UK will still be based on your good character - and you would have already shown that your character is to use deception.

Don't make it any worse. Be honest and it might not even make any difference to your visa being granted and any future visas you would like (as long as you don't commit anymore crimes).

Don't forget that Immigration Officers still question those entering the UK on a visa and having a visa beforehand, doesn't mean the IOs have to let you into the UK as they can cancel your visa. IOs are trained to ask questions that trip dishonest people up. Do you really want to run the risk of being denied access to the UK in front of your work colleagues, held in a detention centre, returned to the country you flew to the UK from and given a ban? That seems a mighty big risk for just 1 caution for shoplifting. Using deception to enter the UK is viewed as a much more serious crime.

Last edited by formula; Oct 24th 2013 at 12:51 am.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute

If you were not formally charged then it is unlikely that it will prevent you obtaining a visa, however you MUST document it on your application.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 11:12 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Accepting a caution is a way of admitting guilt to a crime without having to go to court. You should therefore mention on your application and use the last section to explain what happened and any extenuating circumstances.

As others have mentioned failing to admit this on your application would be considered deception and could lead to a ten year ban from the UK for a relatively minor offence.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
As others have mentioned failing to admit this on your application would be considered deception and could lead to a ten year ban from the UK for a relatively minor offence.
Thanks guys for your answers

I will declare it on my application. Is there any chance that they would grant me with a visa?

Or have you ever heard any case of rejection because of having a simple caution (when it was declared on visa application)?
Old Oct 25th 2013, 5:02 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys for your answers

I will declare it on my application. Is there any chance that they would grant me with a visa?

Or have you ever heard any case of rejection because of having a simple caution (when it was declared on visa application)?
It certainly won't rule you out entirely but then it's not guaranteed that you'll get it either. It depends on a whole range of things but in short the ECO will take your entire application into consideration so try and make it as rock solid as possible.
Old Jan 25th 2014, 4:23 am
Just Joined

maxr0se is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

Anyways,

Now here's the problem..

Thanks in advance
Hey man, are you a US citizen? I just got a simple caution from the police last night. I am a US citizen with a Tier 4 Visa going to uni in London until September. Two questions:

1) Will the police caution affect my ability to go back and forth between the US and UK?
2) Will my future employers in the US have to be aware of the simple caution?

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks