Future Partner Visa Application

Old Jan 7th 2021, 10:17 am
Just Joined

alfa145 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Future Partner Visa Application

Hi all - I am searching for information ahead of my girlfriend applying for an unmarried visa. I am British, she is Spanish, both living and working in our relevant countries. Future plans are for her to move here with me and find work after moving (she won't be eligible for a work visa), I will sponsor her and I would prefer not to get married (I tried it once - divorced). The financial obligations are met, as is her language level, but we are stuck with proving the section:
  • you’ve been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when you apply
We have been in a committed relationship for just under 2 years - we both visit each other's country and stay with each other regularly (every couple of months) - so there is plenty of travel history documentation, phone call logs, photos together etc. but we have no joint documentation, such as joint bank account etc. I own my home here, and I'm wondering ahead of the application, (which we probably should have been preparing for beforehand), should I look to move her on to the council tax, house bills, create a joint bank account here? The concern is about 'living together'. When she visits here, she stays with me, when I visit her there, I stay with her.

Thanks
Old Jan 7th 2021, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Future Partner Visa Application

You won't qualify for an unmarried partner visa as you have not met the most basic requirement which is living together for a minimum of 2 years in a relationship akin to marriage.
Presuming she is an EU citizen why did she not move to the UK prior to Dececember 30th?
Is there not a period to 30th June 2021 where EU citizens can still live and work in the UK?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/employin...zens-in-the-uk
Old Jan 7th 2021, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Hi - thanks for the reply - She was unable to move here due to her work and study commitments in Spain - these are now finished, but after 1st January 2021 it will require a visa - sponsored via work (which she is unlikely to find) or family visa
Old Jan 7th 2021, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You don't qualify for either an unmarried partner (under British immigration rules) or a Family Permit (under EU rules)

Old Jan 7th 2021, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

OK - so for this type of visa, how can anyone live together for 2 years if they are unable to stay in the country for more than 6 months whilst visiting?
Old Jan 7th 2021, 6:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfa145
OK - so for this type of visa, how can anyone live together for 2 years if they are unable to stay in the country for more than 6 months whilst visiting?
Usually because they hold a visa or passport that allows them to do that. Now that she’s missed the Brexit window you’ll either need to marry or see if an employer is willing to sponsor her for a Skilled Worker visa.
Old Jan 7th 2021, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

People who llive in different countries don't apply for this visa

If wanting to live together in the UK and then (after 2 years) be eligible for the unmarried partner visa, the non Brit has to move to the UK with either a work visa or maybe student visa
OR
of course, get married and then apply for the spouse visa
Old Jan 7th 2021, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

ah OK I see - so it is common to switch to it from another visa type to facilitate the co-habiting. Understand - that makes it all quite tricky for cross country relationships now, with view to moving together here in the future :/

I don't think a student visa would allow her to work though?
Old Jan 7th 2021, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

...... yes, there is no "I want to live in the UK with my girlfriend" visa........
Old Jan 7th 2021, 8:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

a

20 hours per week during term time, full time during vacations.....
Old Jan 8th 2021, 5:51 am
Just Joined

FlameAura is an unknown quantity at this point

ah OK I see - so it is common to switch to it from another visa type to facilitate the co-habiting. Understand - that makes it all quite tricky for cross country relationships now, with view to moving together here in the future :/

Its really not that tricky. If someone is prepared to make a life changing decision such as moving countries then getting married to make this possible is a no brainer. If not at the marriage stage then I really don't understand how anyone can be in the moving countries stage.