British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Further leave to remain visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/further-leave-remain-visa-900291/)

feelbritish Nov 9th 2017 10:25 am

Re: Further leave to remain visa

Originally Posted by alfista1 (Post 12378263)
We're almost in the same situation. I just opened a thread

House purchase moving fast and 28 days minus 30 month anniversary was yesterday.

House move may happen in the next 6-8 weeks?

Do we try to book a premium appointment now?
Send off the application now and hope it comes back before the house move?
Wait until we've moved house, but then we'll have no history of utility bills etc.

ah hmuch stress

The reason we are actually waiting before selling house was to get this visa out of the way so that we have "history" in our home for 2 years! Therefore I have decided to apply at a premium service rather than post as I do not think we could deal with the stress of waiting for a visa to go to an address we no longer have and then trying to change address etc. At my 30th month anniversary, I will go online and book appointment.

I personally could not take that chance! I stress too much and moving already is stressful enough. It is however, a lot of extra money which could help with something in new home so is a difficult decision to take.

Please let us know how you get on and good luck with your move!

alfista1 Nov 9th 2017 10:40 am

Originally Posted by feelbritish (Post 12378313)
The reason we are actually waiting before selling house was to get this visa out of the way so that we have "history" in our home for 2 years! Therefore I have decided to apply at a premium service rather than post as I do not think we could deal with the stress of waiting for a visa to go to an address we no longer have and then trying to change address etc. At my 30th month anniversary, I will go online and book appointment.

I personally could not take that chance! I stress too much and moving already is stressful enough. It is however, a lot of extra money which could help with something in new home so is a difficult decision to take.

Please let us know how you get on and good luck with your move!

Yes I am sooo stressed right now too.

Please let me know when you were able to book a premium appointment? Are there appointments available in the coming weeks or is there a long waiting list?

I'm looking to see if we can use Royal mail redirection service also. another option.

good luck

feelbritish Nov 9th 2017 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by alfista1 (Post 12378319)
Yes I am sooo stressed right now too.

Please let me know when you were able to book a premium appointment? Are there appointments available in the coming weeks or is there a long waiting list?

I'm looking to see if we can use Royal mail redirection service also. another option.

good luck

I am only due to apply next year April/May. Will be interesting to see how you get along. Good luck to you also