Further leave to remain visa

Old Jul 23rd 2017, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Foffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to behold
Default Further leave to remain visa

Hello everybody,
my name is Vivien.
Unfortunately it is time for my husband to renew his spouse visa and I have to do it for him as his English is not good enough (so isn't mine ah ah).
Before I start I have a couple of general questions to the people who have already renewed their visa please:

- How long in advance did you apply?
- When can I apply? His visa expires on 15/11/2017.
- Will we have to go the the visa centre in person at one point even if we apply
by post?
- How long did it take for them to give you the new visa?
- At what point did you do the fingerprints or whatever they are called?
- Is it more or less the same as the first visa or are there many differences?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Vivien
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Further leave to remain visa

Do you still meet the financial requirements? Is this further leave to remain, or Indefinite leave to remain? i.e have you been in UK 2.5 or 5 years?
Others will be along with answers to your questions in due course I expect. Just thought i'd pose the questions before others do...........
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Foffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by quiltman
Do you still meet the financial requirements? Is this further leave to remain, or Indefinite leave to remain? i.e have you been in UK 2.5 or 5 years?
Others will be along with answers to your questions in due course I expect. Just thought i'd pose the questions before others do...........
Hello,
yes we do meet the financial requirements and this is further leave to remain, thanks!
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 1:59 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Foffion
Hello,
yes we do meet the financial requirements and this is further leave to remain, thanks!
Hi Vivien. Can't help with the nitty gritty I'm afraid, I don't do my FLR till April. But from what I can gather the application is pretty much exactly the same as the first, with the exception that if you're meeting the financial requirements through income, then both partners income can be used (only the sponsor's can be used for the initial entry visa).

You may want to ask a moderator to move this thread to the Immigration, Visas etc page, as those members most likely to be fully across your question tend to hang out there
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi Vivien. Can't help with the nitty gritty I'm afraid, I don't do my FLR till April. But from what I can gather the application is pretty much exactly the same as the first, with the exception that if you're meeting the financial requirements through income, then both partners income can be used (only the sponsor's can be used for the initial entry visa).

You may want to ask a moderator to move this thread to the Immigration, Visas etc page, as those members most likely to be fully across your question tend to hang out there
Oh dear... I remember years ago I asked questions about the visa and they moved it back to this section of the website..
Life is confusing for me...
I am going to copy and paste this on the other thread. Thanks!

I am trying to delete this post but I don't know how to do it. If a moderator sees this post, please delete it as I've moved it to the visa section.
Thanks a lot!!!!

Last edited by Foffion; Jul 23rd 2017 at 2:12 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 2:23 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Glad I'm not the only one who finds life confusing
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Foffion
Hello everybody,
my name is Vivien.
Unfortunately it is time for my husband to renew his spouse visa and I have to do it for him as his English is not good enough (so isn't mine ah ah).
Before I start I have a couple of general questions to the people who have already renewed their visa please:

- How long in advance did you apply?
- When can I apply? His visa expires on 15/11/2017.
- Will we have to go the the visa centre in person at one point even if we apply
by post?
- How long did it take for them to give you the new visa?
- At what point did you do the fingerprints or whatever they are called?
- Is it more or less the same as the first visa or are there many differences?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Vivien
At the earliest you can apply 28 days before the 30th month anniversary of arriving in the U.K. if he entered on a spousal visa or at any time before the current visa expires.

No, you would only attend the premium service centre if applying in person. If you apply by post, you don't have to attend.

If all is well and you meet all the requirements, you get the decision the same day if you have an appointment at the premium service centre. If applying by post, you may have to wait two months or so to get the decision.

If applying by post, you will be sent a letter a few weeks later telling you to attend a post office to get the biometrics done. If applying at the PSC, the biometrics are taken there.

The requirements are basically the same as the initial visa but the proof that you are living together is different. If you read the paper form FLR(M) you will find a lot of good information on the official correspondence you must send to prove a subsisting relationship.

In terms of the financial requirement, it can be met by both people working, rather than just the sponsor.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by michali
At the earliest you can apply 28 days before the 30th month anniversary of arriving in the U.K. if he entered on a spousal visa or at any time before the current visa expires.

No, you would only attend the premium service centre if applying in person. If you apply by post, you don't have to attend.

If all is well and you meet all the requirements, you get the decision the same day if you have an appointment at the premium service centre. If applying by post, you may have to wait two months or so to get the decision.

If applying by post, you will be sent a letter a few weeks later telling you to attend a post office to get the biometrics done. If applying at the PSC, the biometrics are taken there.

The requirements are basically the same as the initial visa but the proof that you are living together is different. If you read the paper form FLR(M) you will find a lot of good information on the official correspondence you must send to prove a subsisting relationship.

In terms of the financial requirement, it can be met by both people working, rather than just the sponsor.
Hi,
thanks a lot for your answers. Yes of course I will read all the proper information, but since it will take time and concentration to read all of that,
I thought about asking these questions here as these are the questions that are keeping me awake at night (plus my husband snoring).

I really appreciate your help, I'll probably ask more questions in the future while applying. I'll apply by post as there's plenty of time.
Ciao!
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Of course come back and ask anything you want to ask. The reason I mentioned the form itself is because it really is very helpful. I was surprised that so much information was contained in the form itself.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again, I thought I could only apply by post or in person. Am I correct that I can apply also online?

Under "how to apply" In the UK

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

I remember someone told me that it was only by post or in person.
Thanks
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

About when I can apply, I am reading this:
When you can apply to extend or switch
The earliest you can apply is 28 days before your current permission (called ‘leave to remain’) expires. Any time you have left will be added to your new permission to stay, up to a maximum of 28 days.

Why are they not mentioning the 30th month anniversary of arriving in the UK?
And how am I supposed to get a visa if the waiting time is 2 months and I can only apply 28 days before the visa expires?
He entered the UK on 26/2/2015 and his visa expires on 15/11/2017
When can I apply? I am really confused.

Last edited by Foffion; Jul 23rd 2017 at 7:57 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

There is now an online application form which you can use. As far as I know, you fill it in online and then print it out and either post or take it with you to you PSC appointment. As it is fairly new however, I am not sure. Hopefully someone will confirm or correct me.

When we applied last November, we could apply up to 28 days before my husband had been here for 30 months. We had to wait however so that our bank statements would be within the 28 days before our appointment. I do not know if this has changed since last November. I have not heard anything to that effect.

If you apply by post the current visa may well expire before the extension is granted but you are covered during the interim period.

Of course you also have to pay the health surcharge fee for the extension.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

10.1.3 of https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ugust_2015.pdf

gives information on when you can apply for FLR(M)
Old Jul 24th 2017, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot.
When did you apply? 28 days before the expiry date or 28 days before the 30th month?
Sorry I just read the above message, you have already answered.

I started studying for his visa yesterday and I am already stressed.

Last edited by Foffion; Jul 24th 2017 at 6:36 am.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Hello,
I called the home office and the guy who answered told me that I CAN'T apply 28 days before my husband has completed 30 months in the UK. He said that I can only apply 28 days before the visa expires and that if I apply now the application would be rejected.
I am writing this here so it can be of use to other people who are in the same situation. I don't know which is the truth but I am going to apply 28 days before the visa expires, I can't risk.

My marriage certificate is in Japanese and we officially translated it for the 1st visa, I asked if we can use the same translation (2.5 years old) and he said no problem.

I was hoping to do the visa now and forget about it but I can't. I will apply at the beginning of October so I've got another 2 months of freedom! Hooray!
Thanks for your help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.