Four+ Months to Get Passport!

Old Dec 11th 2014, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Four+ Months to Get Passport!

I applied for my old expired blue book passport to be renewed toward the end of August. My friend received a letter to verify her credentials and send back - which she did. That was two months ago. I found an online inquiry form which I completed yesterday but I am still waiting for information as to the status of the passport.

The embassy in Washington DC is USELESS!

Is there anything else I can do. it's been over four months!
Old Dec 12th 2014, 1:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Four+ Months to Get Passport!

Originally Posted by windsong
I applied for my old expired blue book passport to be renewed toward the end of August. My friend received a letter to verify her credentials and send back - which she did. That was two months ago. I found an online inquiry form which I completed yesterday but I am still waiting for information as to the status of the passport.

The embassy in Washington DC is USELESS!

Is there anything else I can do. it's been over four months!
If you made the application near the end of August then you're up to approx 11 weeks. You were told numerous times in the past year that they were taking at least 10 weeks. Not sure what you expect from Washington, it's absolutely nothing to do with them.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 9:34 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Another poster in the US forum asked why he should bother keeping his British passport up to date when he has a US passport and is living in the US. This is why.
Old Dec 16th 2014, 11:49 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I arrived at Heathrow about five weeks ago, and the officer didn't like my picture in my British passport. He kept squinting at it, and demanded another form of picture ID. I offered him my US passport, and was admitted without further ado.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
If you made the application near the end of August then you're up to approx 11 weeks. You were told numerous times in the past year that they were taking at least 10 weeks. Not sure what you expect from Washington, it's absolutely nothing to do with them.
This.

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Another poster in the US forum asked why he should bother keeping his British passport up to date when he has a US passport and is living in the US. This is why.
And this.

& there is still nothing stopping you from using your US passport to travel to the UK.

I'm trying very hard not to sound harsh, & failing dismally I'm sure .

Windsong: go or don't go back to the UK. It's really scary to start over after so many years. However, erecting imaginary & artificial barriers will not help.

I wish you much luck & courage.

S
Old Dec 17th 2014, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

To Quote BEVS:
The only type of post on the BE forum that I will now let through, because I am a right old bag, is the "Windsong has her UK passport" post.
And yet here we are again...
Old Dec 17th 2014, 11:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I think Windsong will have got the drift with the above posts...with that I am closing this thread.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Dec 17th 2014 at 11:38 pm. Reason: Typo