Form UKF - UK Citizen by decent - Questions! :)

Old Jan 31st 2020, 9:32 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form UKF - UK Citizen by decent - Questions! :)

Originally Posted by Jagaban
Hi
Got a mail from home office that a DECISION has been made and that the DECISION letter has sent to British high comission Ottawa thru diplomatic bag and that it will take 12weeks to arrive ....they did not indicate whether it was approved or not..no mention of oath taking.
Sounds positive to me if it's going via the High Commission. Nice to see the dip bag is as slow as always
Old Jan 31st 2020, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Jagaban is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Sounds positive to me if it's going via the High Commission. Nice to see the dip bag is as slow as always
thanks Brit...but I indicated in the form that I will want to receive my decision letter and also have my oath taking in British high comission lagos Nigeria where I am presently but rather according to the mail I received it indicates it was rather sent to my country of birth (Canada).
Old Jan 31st 2020, 10:11 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Brit...but I indicated in the form that I will want to receive my decision letter and also have my oath taking in British high comission lagos Nigeria where I am presently but rather according to the mail I received it indicates it was rather sent to my country of birth (Canada).
Ah, well, that's not very good then. I would follow up with the Home Office.
Old Feb 1st 2020, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

Ah, well, that's not very good then. I would follow up with the Home Office.
Yes it is but I decided to let it be because i will be in Canada by the time the certificates must have arrived and will not be coming back to Nigeria for a while.
Old Feb 4th 2020, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Yes it is but I decided to let it be because i will be in Canada by the time the certificates must have arrived and will not be coming back to Nigeria for a while.
Hi
i just got the below copied email from my case worker this morning I suppose this means my application was approved....now waiting for oath taking date and arrival of the certificate.

Can you please confirm where you would like to take the Ceremony?

It looks like the certificate has been posted to Canada.

Kind regards

Old Feb 4th 2020, 12:07 pm

If you’re going back to Canada anyway then problem solved.
Old Feb 4th 2020, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

If you’re going back to Canada anyway then problem solved.
yes am going back to Canada in coming weeks so no need to demand for a change of venue that might cause another delay.
Old Feb 4th 2020, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

JessAnne is an unknown quantity at this point

Update! After 8 and bit very long months, I finally received all my documents back and letter stating that my application for citizenship has been successful! I cried so many tears of joy.

The letter was sitting at my previous address for a couple of weeks as the letter was dated January 9th. Thankfully my previous landlord was kind enough to forward it along to my new address. I thought I updated my address with the home office but as it appears, that did not happen.

Now the letter states that I will receive another letter, inviting me to my ceremony. However, now that I know that they have the wrong address and I have no idea how to update it. Especially since its with the British Embassy in Canada now. Does anyone know how I can find out which British Embassy would deal with the citizenship ceremony? Is it all of them or only a select few? I haven't been able to find anything on the UK gov website, nor anywhere else.

I really need to update my address so I can attend a ceremony within the next 8 weeks. Since there is that 12 week timeline that states I need to go to a ceremony or the successful application is void?? correct?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice
Old Feb 4th 2020, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JessAnne
Update! After 8 and bit very long months, I finally received all my documents back and letter stating that my application for citizenship has been successful! I cried so many tears of joy.

The letter was sitting at my previous address for a couple of weeks as the letter was dated January 9th. Thankfully my previous landlord was kind enough to forward it along to my new address. I thought I updated my address with the home office but as it appears, that did not happen.

Now the letter states that I will receive another letter, inviting me to my ceremony. However, now that I know that they have the wrong address and I have no idea how to update it. Especially since its with the British Embassy in Canada now. Does anyone know how I can find out which British Embassy would deal with the citizenship ceremony? Is it all of them or only a select few? I haven't been able to find anything on the UK gov website, nor anywhere else.

I really need to update my address so I can attend a ceremony within the next 8 weeks. Since there is that 12 week timeline that states I need to go to a ceremony or the successful application is void?? correct?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice
congrats....mine took 3months from application date to approval...I requested to have my ceremony and pick up of approval to be sent to Nigeria where I work presently but unfortunately they sent it to my country of birth (Canada) and asked me to attend the ceremony in Ottawa Canada...I did a follow up as Britparis advised and they said they have finished with my application and have no control anymore that I should communicate with Ottawa and they gave me this email for change of ceremony...venue [email protected]
so I emailed them asking for the venue to be British high comission Toronto...am yet to get a feed back...hope this helps.

Last edited by Jagaban; Feb 4th 2020 at 6:08 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2020, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

congrats....mine took 3months from application date to approval...I requested to have my ceremony and pick up of approval to be sent to Nigeria where I work presently but unfortunately they sent it to my country of birth (Canada) and asked me to attend the ceremony in Ottawa Canada...I did a follow up as Britparis advised and they said they have fin
Is Ottawa the only place they do citizenship ceremonies in Canada?
Old Feb 4th 2020, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Is Ottawa the only place they do citizenship ceremonies in Canada?
don't know but I don't think so....are you resident in Canada if yes send email to that address and request for any british high comission close to you...I live in Toronto that's why I choose Toronto.
Old Feb 4th 2020, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

don't know but I don't think so....are you resident in Canada if yes send email to that address and request for any british high comission close to you...I live in Toronto that's why I choose Toronto.
Okay, I found that same email address in the approval letter I received today. So I emailed them to update my address and request a location closer to me. I don't mind going to Ottawa if I must, all that is important to me is that I actually get the invitation to the ceremony. Thank you for your help! Here is hoping it all works out for both of us!
Old Feb 4th 2020, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Okay, I found that same email address in the approval letter I received today. So I emailed them to update my address and request a location closer to me. I don't mind going to Ottawa if I must, all that is important to me is that I actually get the invitation to the ceremony. Thank you for your help! Here is hoping it all works out for both of us!
your welcome the most important thing is your application was successful...did you get your approval letter thru email or thru the embassy?
my was thru email that a decision has been made and the letter sent to Ottawa and that I will receive the mail in 12 weeks then later another email came and said my oath ceremony will be in Canada
Old Feb 4th 2020, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

your welcome the most important thing is your application was successful...did you get your approval letter thru email or thru the embassy?
my was thru email that a decision has been made and the letter sent to Ottawa and that I will receive the mail in 12 weeks then later another email came and said my oath ceremony will be in British high commission Ottawa Canada.
Old Feb 4th 2020, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

my was thru email that a decision has been made and the letter sent to Ottawa and that I will receive the mail in 12 weeks then later another email came and said my oath ceremony will be in British high commission Ottawa Canada.
This part is confusing for me, I made my application online so I expected all correspondence to be via email. Which it was partially, until now. My approval I received in the mail, and now supposedly my invitation will be in the mail as well. Which makes it difficult for me considering they have the wrong address since I have moved recently. Now I am concerned because I am under the impression that if I don't complete my ceremony in the next 12 weeks, (technically 8 weeks as the document I got today was dated 9th January 2020) that my application is void? I have no idea how true this is, but now I am worried.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.