Form UKF - UK Citizen by decent - Questions! :)

Old Jan 17th 2019, 11:26 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form UKF - UK Citizen by decent - Questions! :)

Originally Posted by alannabel
I was thinking having a friend who holds a passport, and that I’ve known for 15 years, sign on the Declaration, and then have the notary I know sign a statement, with the same information as on the declaration, and have them both write/sign on the back of my passport photos.

Overkill?
Unless your friend is on the occupations list then it would be a waste of time.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

alannabel is an unknown quantity at this point

But I’ve known the notary for just a year, and the requirement is 2 years.. D:

What would you suggest my best option is?
Old Jan 18th 2019, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute

This countersignatory requirement is somewhat vexing alright. I hope to clear the ceremony in the next 2 months, but my preferred countersignatory might be away around then. I can't quite print out the form ahead of time and have them sign the document and photos because they are obtained after applying and paying for the passport, which can be done only after the certificate is issued.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

It is such a pain. I don’t know anyone within their listed professions, that I’ve known for 2 years or 3 years.
The ones I DO know that could help are either family members, or they don’t hold a passport of any kind. So that leaves me basically scrambling to figure out what it is I should do.

Also for the passport, once you apply/pay for it, you have 90 days to send in all the documents and the declaration form/countersignatory information. Maybe with that in mind, you can still apply, knowing you have about 3 months to have everything sent to Home Office.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

I tried calling the Passport Adviceline... I can't dial out from work, apparently. :/
I wish they didn't have this occupation list. It's making everything so much more complicated.

My current plan, if I can't get a hold of anyone/can't call, is to have the Notary countersign, and then I will type up a document stating that I have not known them for 2 years, and then type up another document and have my friend of 15 years sign it and put in their information/countersign. Might even get another notary to notarize it, if it'll help.

I'm probably over-thinking this WAY too much.. but I want to be as efficient as possible. Might be a little "too much", though... hmmmmmmmmmm
Old Jul 24th 2019, 6:32 am
Just Joined

ekkikat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone!

On my quest to find some answers pertaining to my UKF citizenship application, I came across this forum and discovered all of you wonderfully helpful people, and was hoping you might have some answers for me as well.

To begin, let me start off with a bit about me: I was born in HK in 1985 to a British father and HK mother who are not married (father is still married to the mother of my half brother back in the UK lol) and my father is listed on my birth certificate that is issued within a year on my birth.

My questions are:

1. If one of my Referees (the one of professional standing) is back in the UK, how should I go about acquiring their signature? Should I send him a scan of the form with my photo attached, or can I digitally attach my photo and have them digitally sign it?

2. If I don't have a credit card (and my debit card doesn't seem to ever work for online payments) am I able to use someone else's credit card to process the payment?

3. Do the documents I need to provide, need to be scanned and uploaded to my online application, or do I need to mail them in separately upon completion of the online form?

Thank you all for your time, and apologies if these questions have previously been asked, I've not managed to find any answers using the search function on this site!
Old Jul 24th 2019, 10:22 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ekkikat
Hello everyone!

On my quest to find some answers pertaining to my UKF citizenship application, I came across this forum and discovered all of you wonderfully helpful people, and was hoping you might have some answers for me as well.

To begin, let me start off with a bit about me: I was born in HK in 1985 to a British father and HK mother who are not married (father is still married to the mother of my half brother back in the UK lol) and my father is listed on my birth certificate that is issued within a year on my birth.

My questions are:

1. If one of my Referees (the one of professional standing) is back in the UK, how should I go about acquiring their signature? Should I send him a scan of the form with my photo attached, or can I digitally attach my photo and have them digitally sign it?

2. If I don't have a credit card (and my debit card doesn't seem to ever work for online payments) am I able to use someone else's credit card to process the payment?

3. Do the documents I need to provide, need to be scanned and uploaded to my online application, or do I need to mail them in separately upon completion of the online form?

Thank you all for your time, and apologies if these questions have previously been asked, I've not managed to find any answers using the search function on this site!
Did your father subsequently marry your mother?
Old Jul 24th 2019, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Did your father subsequently marry your mother?

No, as I mentioned, he is still married to my brothers mother. My parents have not been together for a very long time. In any case,I don't think this should affect the issues I need to resolve!
Old Jul 24th 2019, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

I should mention that I've resolved the first issue now, managed to find a lawyer friend in HK to help be my referee

my other two questions still remain unsolved though, if anybody can advise that would be great!
Old Jul 24th 2019, 12:34 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

No, as I mentioned, he is still married to my brothers mother. My parents have not been together for a very long time. In any case,I don't think this should affect the issues I need to resolve!
You mightn't think the information BiP requested is relevant, but he wouldn't ask unless it was.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You mightn't think the information BiP requested is relevant, but he wouldn't ask unless it was.

I understand that, which is why I made sure to include that information in my original post I've seen that he has been the source of a lot of help around there so I'm hopeful he can help me figure out a solution
Old Jul 24th 2019, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

As far as I remember, it didn’t need to be MY credit card to pay for the form, online. I could be wrong - it’s been about over a year now since so my memory is a little fuzzy. Don’t think it would be an issue, though.

After submission of the form, you will be able to print it and then you’ll need to mail it in. I sent mine by priority post.

Unsure if the guarantor situation has been resolved, but as far as them signing documents for you, you’ll need to mail them the originals, and they’ll need to mail them back to you.

Hopefully I was able to answer some questions.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by alannabel
As far as I remember, it didn’t need to be MY credit card to pay for the form, online. I could be wrong - it’s been about over a year now since so my memory is a little fuzzy. Don’t think it would be an issue, though.

After submission of the form, you will be able to print it and then you’ll need to mail it in. I sent mine by priority post.

Unsure if the guarantor situation has been resolved, but as far as them signing documents for you, you’ll need to mail them the originals, and they’ll need to mail them back to you.

Hopefully I was able to answer some questions.
Super helpful, thank you so much! I remember reading somewhere that aside from posting the documents in, it's also possible to make an appointment at the embassy / consulate and bring the documents in with you?
Is that still accurate? I thought that there was also an option to scan the documents and attach them to the online application?

I am also having the same issue as you had with your father and am not able to get him to help, so I'm also trying to have his birth certificate mailed to me as well. would it be a good idea to also have them mail my paternal grandparents marriage registry while I'm at it, or would this document not be useful?
Old Jul 24th 2019, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

I’m not 100% sure, I’ll be honest with you. After I completed the online application, and paid for it, I was instructed to print it and mail it in the Home Office. There wasn’t an option as far as I was told, or saw, that I could do all this locally. After citizenship is granted, that’s when you go to the ceremony and get your certificate of citizenship - this happened at the consulate for me, in Montreal.

I ordered my fathers birth certificate and also my grandparents marriage certificate, just to be sure. You can’t give them TOO much, I wanted to be on the safe side.
They most likely will not need the marriage certificate, to be honest. Your fathers birth certificate with both parents on there will be enough.
Old Jul 29th 2019, 1:39 pm

No, it's not a problem; it just wasn't clear from your post whether you were talking in the past or present tense. If your father had married your mother at any point after your birth then you would already be a British citizen and Form UKF would be unnecessary.

Yes, you can use someone's else credit card with their permission. The form is completed online but you'll still need to mail your original documents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.