Form UKF - UK Citizen by decent - Questions! :)

Old Jan 15th 2019, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

alannabel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form UKF - UK Citizen by decent - Questions! :)

I received my British Citizenship certificate. I'm officially a British Citizen as of today, January 15th.

Once I received the final letter stating I was approved, the consulate here in Montreal emailed me and we set up a time for me to take part in the ceremony.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 8:45 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alannabel
I received my British Citizenship certificate. I'm officially a British Citizen as of today, January 15th.

Once I received the final letter stating I was approved, the consulate here in Montreal emailed me and we set up a time for me to take part in the ceremony.
Welcome to the club!
Old Jan 15th 2019, 8:54 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Time for the next stage: https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
Old Jan 16th 2019, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

Thaaannkkk yoouuuu~!
Old Jan 16th 2019, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

So I’m not sure this is the right place to ask, but.. is applying for a British Passport necessary, if I plan on moving to the UK? I want to do everything right, of course, but what does holding a passport do? I’ve been in Canada my entire life, and only received my Canadian Passport when I was 26... and it does nothing with regards to my citizenship, etc.

Unless holding a British Passport is a FOR SURE YES that I’m a citizen?

Also so I forgot my certificate at work, so I had to stop and save where I was with regards to the passport application, however it was specified that I will need my parents British passport numbers, if they had them in their lifetime. My father won’t provide any help in this regard, I had to go and order his own birth certificate from Scotland just so I could apply for citizenship...
Old Jan 16th 2019, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Lickylicki is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning...my question is a bit detailed but I would love and appreciate feedback...I'm currently Nigerian but have a British father who i's currently in britain...the question is am I supposed to send the original documents with the ukf form or scanned copies and If it's original would I be permitted to send my father's scanned passports and birth certificate accompanied with my own original documents ...and also please how much am I supposed to pay so I can know the amount to write on the payment form
Old Jan 16th 2019, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lickylicki
Good morning...my question is a bit detailed but I would love and appreciate feedback...I'm currently Nigerian but have a British father who i's currently in britain...the question is am I supposed to send the original documents with the ukf form or scanned copies and If it's original would I be permitted to send my father's scanned passports and birth certificate accompanied with my own original documents ...and also please how much am I supposed to pay so I can know the amount to write on the payment form
Hello!

I'm not sure I can really fully answer your questions. Maybe this will help: The documents I sent were my original passport, birth certificate, and copy of an act of birth. I then sent certified certificates, ordered from Scotland, of my fathers birth certificate, and my grandparents' mariage certificate. I didn't send photocopies of any kind, and I'm unsure if Home Office will accept them with Form UKF.

On that note, I'm not sure if you've seen/read through these before, but here are some links:

Form UKF Guide: https://assets.publishing.service.go...March_2017.pdf

Fees for Citizenship: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...p-applications

I'm unsure about the fees, because I did the application online and paid online - I didn't need to send in my payment. I paid £80, which covered the Citizenship Ceremony as well as the return of my documents. At the end of filling out the form online, the payment is required before you can print the form.

Hopefully I helped out a little bit. If you're close to your father, then you can always send your documents to him, and he can mail in his original documents with your form to Home Office? That could always be an option.
Old Jan 16th 2019, 1:12 pm

So I’m not sure this is the right place to ask, but.. is applying for a British Passport necessary, if I plan on moving to the UK? I want to do everything right, of course, but what does holding a passport do? I’ve been in Canada my entire life, and only received my Canadian Passport when I was 26... and it does nothing with regards to my citizenship, etc.

Unless holding a British Passport is a FOR SURE YES that I’m a citizen?

Also so I forgot my certificate at work, so I had to stop and save where I was with regards to the passport application, however it was specified that I will need my parents British passport numbers, if they had them in their lifetime. My father won’t provide any help in this regard, I had to go and order his own birth certificate from Scotland just so I could apply for citizenship...
Yes, you definitely will need one, both to enter the UK as a British citizen and to prove your right to work/rent/etc.. after you have entered the UK. Arriving on a Canadian passport and no visa with the intent to stay in the UK will see you refused entry.

Don’t worry about your parents’ passport numbers. They’re not necessary, particularly as you are a citizen by registration.
Old Jan 16th 2019, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Lickylicki
You don’t need to send your father’s original passport but you will need to send his original birth certificate if he was born in the UK. The application itself is free but you’ll need to pay £80 towards the cost of your citizenship ceremony.
Old Jan 16th 2019, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute

Is the countersignatory part of the passport application a separate form, or is it a section within a printable passport application for the countersignatory to fill ? I'm asking because my intended countersignatory has upcoming travel and I'm not quite sure when I can let them have the documents they need to sign.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Yes, you definitely will need one, both to enter the UK as a British citizen and to prove your right to work/rent/etc.. after you have entered the UK. Arriving on a Canadian passport and no visa with the intent to stay in the UK will see you refused entry.

Don’t worry about your parents’ passport numbers. They’re not necessary, particularly as you are a citizen by registration.
Thanks again for the information.

It looks like I’m back to worrying about how I don’t know someone in a professional position for 2 years or more. I’m guessing another letter like I did for the first one would be accepted, if it was accepted for citizenship?
Old Jan 17th 2019, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sun_burn
Is the countersignatory part of the passport application a separate form, or is it a section within a printable passport application for the countersignatory to fill ? I'm asking because my intended countersignatory has upcoming travel and I'm not quite sure when I can let them have the documents they need to sign.
I have the form now, and the countersignatory portion is on your application/Declaration form. At the bottom of the page, the individual must fill in their information and sign. They also have to write a little statement on each of your passport photos (on the back), and sign/print their name and date of their certification.

Hope this was helpful.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute

I have the form now, and the countersignatory portion is on your application/Declaration form. At the bottom of the page, the individual must fill in their information and sign. They also have to write a little statement on each of your passport photos (on the back), and sign/print their name and date of their certification.

Hope this was helpful.
It is indeed! Thank you!
Old Jan 17th 2019, 10:03 pm

Thanks again for the information.

It looks like I’m back to worrying about how I don’t know someone in a professional position for 2 years or more. I’m guessing another letter like I did for the first one would be accepted, if it was accepted for citizenship?
The notary would be your best bet I would imagine.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

I was thinking having a friend who holds a passport, and that I’ve known for 15 years, sign on the Declaration, and then have the notary I know sign a statement, with the same information as on the declaration, and have them both write/sign on the back of my passport photos.

Overkill?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.