Form UKF - UK Citizen by decent - Questions! :)

Old Oct 19th 2018, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

alannabel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form UKF - UK Citizen by decent - Questions! :)

Originally Posted by JaridineHK
Did anyone know how she can pass the proof of paternity ? she mentioned her birth certificate was not register within 12 months.
The birth certificates in Quebec don't have a registry date on them, so I ordered my act of birth, which does. I sent both off with my application.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 1:15 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alannabel
The birth certificates in Quebec don't have a registry date on them, so I ordered my act of birth, which does. I sent both off with my application.
A key piece of information, thank you.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

No problem! Sorry, maybe should have mentioned it a lot sooner in a previous post.

My birth certificate has very little to no information on it (thank you, parents!). The act of birth isn't much different, but does specify a "signature date", which is the day the certificate was signed/registered. I had nothing else so I did a YOLO and hoped it would be enough for Home Office.

I'm also reading up on the biometric enrolment, and I'm a tad confused. I will look more into it, but it says I will need to pick up the card in the UK within a certain amount of time.

I mean...yes, I can afford a trip there and back as of today, but I had thought since I'm applying from another country, I would get it sent to me? I must look further into it...
Old Oct 19th 2018, 1:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

There’s no card to collect; you are applying for citizenship, not a visa. Your biometrics are submitted to prevent fraud. You’ll collect your citizenship certificate at the end of your citizenship ceremony. This is the only thing you’ll need and you can then use it to apply for your British passport.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Oohhhhhh thank you. I'm glad you're here.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

I wonder if now that I'm going for my biometrics, if they'll send me back my passport and other documents...
Old Oct 19th 2018, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute

Update: Was able to send off everything August 9th, and I sent it priority shipment. Arrived at Home Office on the 14th, annnnnnd I've been waiting ever since - until yesterday!

I am going for my biometric enrolment this coming Tuesday.
That's a useful piece of information. UKF and UKM (which is my category - applied early Sept) applications recently seem to take ~2 months to get a biometrics notice. However, the subsequent approval seems to follow about 1-1.5 months after biometrics. At least that's what I'm seeing in the half a dozen or so applications from the past few months that I'd been looking at.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 3:04 pm

I wonder if now that I'm going for my biometrics, if they'll send me back my passport and other documents...
Your documents will be returned once your application is approved.
Old Oct 25th 2018, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Biometrics were completed this past Tuesday (October 23rd).
Now I wait for the final say. Will post back once I am either approved or denied for citizenship.

I have no patience. This is so hard.
Old Oct 25th 2018, 7:48 pm

Unless you’re an imposter I can’t imagine you being refused at this stage.
Old Oct 26th 2018, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Only time will tell!
Old Nov 30th 2018, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

I received an envelope from Home Office last night, and I am happy to say my application has been approved!

I will receive a letter in the next 12 weeks, with a day and time (I imagine?) for the Citizenship Ceremony, where I'll receive my certificate.

Oh man. It's been about 4 months since I first applied, and mailed in all the forms and documents. Now I just have to wait at most 3 months.
You know, I feel like it's been long, but I feel as though if it were the Canadian Government, I'd still be waiting for the first initial response, lol

Will keep posted when I get my letter for the ceremony.

I hope this thread has been somewhat helpful to anyone looking to apply for citizenship via descent.

Edit:

Currently, here's a breakdown of the timeline:

August 9th 2018 - Mailed Form UKF with applicable Documents (Express Post, Arrived in Liverpool August 14th 2018)
October 18th 2018 - Received Email with Biometrics Enrolment Information
October 23rd 2018 - Enrolled Biometrics
November 29th 2018 - Application Approved; Documents Returned - Waiting on letter RE: Citizenship Ceremony

Last edited by alannabel; Nov 30th 2018 at 1:08 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 1:49 pm

Excellent news
Old Nov 30th 2018, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute

Great news indeed! May I know what was the actual date of approval mentioned on the documents received yesterday ?
Old Nov 30th 2018, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks!

The document itself is dated November 15th, 2018.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.