Form UKF - UK Citizen by decent - Questions! :)

Old Feb 4th 2020, 7:42 pm
  #136  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 38
Jagaban is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form UKF - UK Citizen by decent - Questions! :)

Originally Posted by JessAnne View Post
This part is confusing for me, I made my application online so I expected all correspondence to be via email. Which it was partially, until now. My approval I received in the mail, and now supposedly my invitation will be in the mail as well. Which makes it difficult for me considering they have the wrong address since I have moved recently. Now I am concerned because I am under the impression that if I don't complete my ceremony in the next 12 weeks, (technically 8 weeks as the document I got today was dated 9th January 2020) that my application is void? I have no idea how true this is, but now I am worried.
I think they will respond to you very soon...keep sending email you will be amazed maybe next week they will set up your venue for the ceremony....already you are close to the 12weeks mark...I submitted my application on line 21/10/2019 and got decision made 24/1/2020.
Jagaban is offline  
Old Feb 4th 2020, 7:42 pm
  #137  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 17,636
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form UKF - UK Citizen by decent - Questions! :)

You should be able to arrange a ceremony at the High Commission in Ottawa or any of the Consulate-Generals.
BritInParis is offline  
Old Feb 4th 2020, 7:52 pm
  #138  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 16
JessAnne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form UKF - UK Citizen by decent - Questions! :)

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
You should be able to arrange a ceremony at the High Commission in Ottawa or any of the Consulate-Generals.
I do hope that is the case, I feel slightly more at ease, as Ottawa is about an $500 - $800 flight for me and I would like to avoid that if possible.
JessAnne is offline  
Old Feb 20th 2020, 2:03 pm
  #139  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 38
Jagaban is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form UKF - UK Citizen by decent - Questions! :)

Originally Posted by JessAnne View Post
I do hope that is the case, I feel slightly more at ease, as Ottawa is about an $500 - $800 flight for me and I would like to avoid that if possible.
got an email from UKVI to take a survey they asked if decision has been made I clicked NO and that was it.
Jagaban is offline  
Old Feb 28th 2020, 1:12 am
  #140  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 16
JessAnne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form UKF - UK Citizen by decent - Questions! :)

Update:

As of yesterday, I am officially a BRITISH CITIZEN. I was only invited to my ceremony a week ago and had to book last minute flights to Vancouver. Much better than flying all the way to Ottawa so that was a relief!

Thought I would include my timeline on here in case it helps anyone in the future.

May 22nd 2019 - Applied online and mailed supporting documents same day (Form UKF)
May 28th 2019 - Documents arrived in Liverpool
November 19th 2019 - Invited for biometrics appointment
November 20th 2019 - Completed biometrics (I did a walk in appointment as the online booking agent was down)
February 4th 2020 - Received all my documents in the mail with my approval letter that was dated January 9th, 2020. I am unsure as to when it actually arrived as the documents sat at my previous place of residence for a little while before my landlord forwarded them on to my new address.
February 18th 2020 - I was emailed by the Consulate-General in Vancouver and invited to a ceremony on February 26th 2020.
February 26th 2020 - CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY

I think my application took longer on average than most. So to anyone who is worried about the time it takes to process your application, my belief is that most likely, there is nothing to worry about.

Excited to have it all completed and move on the passport application.

My summer 2020 plans to move back to England are in view and I am so happy.
JessAnne is offline  
Old Feb 28th 2020, 6:24 am
  #141  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 38
Jagaban is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form UKF - UK Citizen by decent - Questions! :)

Originally Posted by JessAnne View Post
Update:

As of yesterday, I am officially a BRITISH CITIZEN. I was only invited to my ceremony a week ago and had to book last minute flights to Vancouver. Much better than flying all the way to Ottawa so that was a relief!

Thought I would include my timeline on here in case it helps anyone in the future.

May 22nd 2019 - Applied online and mailed supporting documents same day (Form UKF)
May 28th 2019 - Documents arrived in Liverpool
November 19th 2019 - Invited for biometrics appointment
November 20th 2019 - Completed biometrics (I did a walk in appointment as the online booking agent was down)
February 4th 2020 - Received all my documents in the mail with my approval letter that was dated January 9th, 2020. I am unsure as to when it actually arrived as the documents sat at my previous place of residence for a little while before my landlord forwarded them on to my new address.
February 18th 2020 - I was emailed by the Consulate-General in Vancouver and invited to a ceremony on February 26th 2020.
February 26th 2020 - CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY

I think my application took longer on average than most. So to anyone who is worried about the time it takes to process your application, my belief is that most likely, there is nothing to worry about.

Excited to have it all completed and move on the passport application.

My summer 2020 plans to move back to England are in view and I am so happy.
congrats to you....did you make a request for the ceremony venue change from Ottawa to Vancouver.
Jagaban is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2020, 6:27 am
  #142  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 16
JessAnne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form UKF - UK Citizen by decent - Questions! :)

Originally Posted by Jagaban View Post
congrats to you....did you make a request for the ceremony venue change from Ottawa to Vancouver.

No, I was never invited to a ceremony in Ottawa. I did request Calgary but was sent to Vancouver. Perhaps the Consulate-Generals in Canada only do the ceremony's in Ottawa and Vancouver.
JessAnne is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2020, 7:12 am
  #143  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 38
Jagaban is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form UKF - UK Citizen by decent - Questions! :)

Originally Posted by JessAnne View Post
No, I was never invited to a ceremony in Ottawa. I did request Calgary but was sent to Vancouver. Perhaps the Consulate-Generals in Canada only do the ceremony's in Ottawa and Vancouver.
ooh I see...still waiting for my invite...congrats once again.
Jagaban is offline  
Old Apr 14th 2020, 9:51 am
  #144  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 38
Jagaban is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form UKF - UK Citizen by decent - Questions! :)

Originally Posted by Jagaban View Post
ooh I see...still waiting for my invite...congrats once again.
Guess we are all keeping safe.....received a call from the British high comission Ottawa that they have received my CERTIFICATE on the 11th of March but unfortunately because of CONVID 19 the ceremony is suspended for now till the situation improves....keep safe every one.
Jagaban is offline  
Old Apr 15th 2020, 3:37 am
  #145  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 68
JaridineHK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form UKF - UK Citizen by decent - Questions! :)

Originally Posted by JessAnne View Post
Update:

As of yesterday, I am officially a BRITISH CITIZEN. I was only invited to my ceremony a week ago and had to book last minute flights to Vancouver. Much better than flying all the way to Ottawa so that was a relief!

Thought I would include my timeline on here in case it helps anyone in the future.

May 22nd 2019 - Applied online and mailed supporting documents same day (Form UKF)
May 28th 2019 - Documents arrived in Liverpool
November 19th 2019 - Invited for biometrics appointment
November 20th 2019 - Completed biometrics (I did a walk in appointment as the online booking agent was down)
February 4th 2020 - Received all my documents in the mail with my approval letter that was dated January 9th, 2020. I am unsure as to when it actually arrived as the documents sat at my previous place of residence for a little while before my landlord forwarded them on to my new address.
February 18th 2020 - I was emailed by the Consulate-General in Vancouver and invited to a ceremony on February 26th 2020.
February 26th 2020 - CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY

I think my application took longer on average than most. So to anyone who is worried about the time it takes to process your application, my belief is that most likely, there is nothing to worry about.

Excited to have it all completed and move on the passport application.

My summer 2020 plans to move back to England are in view and I am so happy.
Dear JessAnne,

Did you receive any email with reference number from Home office when your documents arrived in Liverpool on May 28th 2019.
Thank !
JaridineHK is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.