Form for Sponsor question

Old Apr 21st 2016, 11:46 am
Just Joined

shantra is an unknown quantity at this point

So I was looking through the FAV4 no problems with that.

I looked through the sponsor form and it asks for the address where the person will live. At the time we apply we will both be here and I can't afford to rent a place until his visa is granted. How do I deal with this?

The other question I have is immigration states you need to have been in receipt of retirement benefits for 28 days. I am retiring early and we are relying on three pensions and his VA disability to fulfill the financial requirements. Thing is I am panicking a bit. If I retire to get the 28 days from work that means our income takes a drop and yes I can temp or whatever but it's a big risk as what if his visa is not granted first time around and we have to appeal so two months drags out. Has anyone coped with this moving back to England with your spouse?

I guess I answered the question about the pension FYI for others there must be at least one payment into my bank account. Still thinking the address?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 21st 2016 at 12:41 pm. Reason: Posts merged - there is an edit button you can use if you think of something you want to add not long after posting. HTH.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form for Sponsor question

You need to show accommodation is available for when you return to the UK. Many people stay with friends and family and use that address in the application. Others arrange rentals for a short period.

You need to be drawing your pensions at time of application - future pension incomes are not taken into account.

In paragraph 10e of the following document it states you need to show bank statements with the pension being banked:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ified-evidence
Old Apr 21st 2016, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

I read through the guidelines for the settlement visa again and it actually states that we should not sign any contracts before the visa is approved. It says to send the documents that apply to your situation.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 12:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shantra
I read through the guidelines for the settlement visa again and it actually states that we should not sign any contracts before the visa is approved. It says to send the documents that apply to your situation.
While it has that clause regarding contracts to safeguard the applicant, it also says you need to show accommodation proof.

So what documents are you going to send in respect of having accommodation available to you?

In your earlier posts you said all your family live in the UK.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 1:28 am
Just Joined

My daughter lives in the UK and she is willing to put us up on a holiday basis but if we have to send permission from the landlord she wont get it. She already has her husband, her teen daughter, pre school and a toddler. My son lives with his girlfriend, that would not work. My one brother died in 2011 and his wife went to live in Devon near their daughter, the other is in Germany. One brother too far from the area I want to be for my kids. My sister is in the middle of moving from France to Spain. And I truly dont want us to be apart again. We went through all that 15 years ago when he came to the U K and we got married there. My kids will look for housing for us but again its a catch 22.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 11:46 am
Just Joined

I started the new thread to concentrate specifically on the accommodation question as only one person was commenting and I hoped people who had been through this would answer.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 12:04 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

The accommodation requirement was made even more difficult a few months ago. UK landlords are now not permitted to rent to anyone without proof that they are in the UK legally.

This has made it very difficult for people whose only option is to rent on arrival. A visa applicant can't have their name on a lease, because they don't have their visa yet. But they can't get their visa until they can prove they have suitable accommodation, ie their name on a rental lease. Talk about a Catch22.

I'm sorry that I don't have any solutions for you Shantra, but I do wish you the best of luck.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

I called immigration... yeah...total waste of $10. They could not tell me anything about this Right to Rent and proof of accommodation catch 22 although I feel its a general question.

Thinking there had to be someone else out there in the same situation I did some searching and found the answer on another forum. The spondor showed proof of address and attached a letter saying that the Landlord would allow his wifes name on the lease after the visa to be in the UK is shown as by law he cannot rent to the person until she has a visa. Or words to that effect. Her visa was granted.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by shantra
I called immigration... yeah...total waste of $10. They could not tell me anything about this Right to Rent and proof of accommodation catch 22 although I feel its a general question.

Thinking there had to be someone else out there in the same situation I did some searching and found the answer on another forum. The spondor showed proof of address and attached a letter saying that the Landlord would allow his wifes name on the lease after the visa to be in the UK is shown as by law he cannot rent to the person until she has a visa. Or words to that effect. Her visa was granted.
Yes, this is the process most people who have to rent go through - getting a letter from rental company/landlord allowing the immigrant to stay in property once visa is issued. Also people who stay with relatives etc obtain a letter of acceptance to prove accommodation is available.