Which form to go for?

Old Jun 19th 2017, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

beepbeep88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which form to go for?

Hi

I need some advice. I have just renewed my Dutch Passport. And would like to apply for permanent residency.

What form do I need to fill in to start the process? Is it this one: https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-...nent-residence

Many thanks
Old Jun 19th 2017, 4:38 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which form to go for?

Originally Posted by beepbeep88
Hi

I need some advice. I have just renewed my Dutch Passport. And would like to apply for permanent residency.

What form do I need to fill in to start the process? Is it this one: https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-...nent-residence

Many thanks
Yes, providing you meet the requirements. You can now also apply online: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/eea-pr
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you

I am busy filling the form online. I have come to this bit:
Financial resources

Were you a student or self-sufficient person? (Required)

Yes

No
Please provide details of the financial resources available to you during that time
Include:
the source of the income (for example, own savings, scholarships or bursary, income from lawful employment or self-employment, income from rental property, money from a friend or relative)
how much you received and how often you received it (for example, every week, month, year)

My husband and I are self employed he is English. What proof should I give here? Do I just write self employed?
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 7:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you

I am busy filling the form online. I have come to this bit:
Financial resources

Were you a student or self-sufficient person? (Required)

Yes

No
Please provide details of the financial resources available to you during that time
Include:
the source of the income (for example, own savings, scholarships or bursary, income from lawful employment or self-employment, income from rental property, money from a friend or relative)
how much you received and how often you received it (for example, every week, month, year)

My husband and I are self employed he is English. What proof should I give here? Do I just write self employed?
If you have been self-employed for the last five years then you won't be considered a 'self-sufficient' person. There should be a separate category for employment/self-employment.
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

what about this question:
Looking for work
Were you in the UK looking for work during the relevant qualifying period?
Yes or No?

I clicked no - but wonder if that one is a yes
Then I got this question:
Other periods

Are there any other periods you have not told us about, or is there any additional information you would like to give to explain how you acquired permanent residence in the UK?

But I don't have permanent residency, so what do I answer to that?

Thank you so much.
Old Jun 24th 2017, 11:58 am

what about this question:
Looking for work
Were you in the UK looking for work during the relevant qualifying period?
Yes or No?

I clicked no - but wonder if that one is a yes
I don't know, you'll have to tell me. Were you a jobseeker at anytime in the last five years?

Then I got this question:
Other periods

Are there any other periods you have not told us about, or is there any additional information you would like to give to explain how you acquired permanent residence in the UK?

But I don't have permanent residency, so what do I answer to that?

Thank you so much.
If you don't have permanent residency then there's no point in applying for your PR card. PR is something you acquire automatically by fulfilling the requirements over the five year qualifying period; the card is merely a confirmation of your status.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

OK. So is this the right form to fill in? https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-...nent-residence
Old Jun 25th 2017, 11:37 am

OK. So is this the right form to fill in? https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-...nent-residence
See Post #2.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

The link that is in your post 2 is the one I was filing in, when I got to the question of permanent residency.

So have been doing research.

I have been married for 27 years to a English man. I have lived in the UK for 41 years, (my family moved here from The Netherlands). So can I apply for this: https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-britis...ritish-citizen

I am very confused by it all, as you can see.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 2:47 pm

The link that is in your post 2 is the one I was filing in, when I got to the question of permanent residency.

So have been doing research.

I have been married for 27 years to a English man. I have lived in the UK for 41 years, (my family moved here from The Netherlands). So can I apply for this: https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-britis...ritish-citizen

I am very confused by it all, as you can see.
Yes, you can apply to naturalise as a British citizen. You will have had that possibility for decades. First you will need to have your EEA permanent residence confirmed and your card issued. Once you have that you can apply for naturalisation providing you meet the other requirements (Life in the UK Test, English language).
Old Jun 25th 2017, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you.

So which form do I fill in to get that EEA permanent residency confirmed?
Old Jun 25th 2017, 3:21 pm

Thank you.

So which form do I fill in to get that EEA permanent residency confirmed?
The one you have been filling in or the online version. You may find the online version easier.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/eea-pr
Old Jun 25th 2017, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

OK. I think i understand. I can fill it in because I qualify because I have been here at least 5 years. So to that question 6 I click yes because of the time I already live in the UK. Is that correct?
Old Jun 25th 2017, 8:01 pm

OK. I think i understand. I can fill it in because I qualify because I have been here at least 5 years. So to that question 6 I click yes because of the time I already live in the UK. Is that correct?
You need to have been a qualified person at least five consecutive years. Merely living in the UK is not enough. If you have been self-employed for the last five years then you will qualify.
Old Jun 26th 2017, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

OK, Yes I am in business partnership with my husband for that time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.