British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Flrm (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/flrm-938614/)

Curlysu May 15th 2021 8:36 am

Flrm

Dear Members,

I was hoping to get some clarification .

my husband 1st Spouse visa expires on the 19th June, we have not yet applied for extension as we are waiting for pay day .

will it be too late to apply next week (21st may) or will it be okay .

Would this affect ILR in the future ?

Thank you

BritInParis May 15th 2021 9:08 am

Re: Flrm

That would be pretty much perfect timing.

Curlysu May 15th 2021 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 13006565)
That would be pretty much perfect timing.

Thank you for your quick response .

I’m also on mat leave and will be using my 6 months payslip Before mat leave . Will I need to explain this in a letter ?

Curlysu Jul 15th 2021 11:15 am

Hi guys ,

just in a bit of panic . Got a reply from the home office today about my husbands flrm.
I have been on maternity leave for nearly a year which commenced in august 2020.

I used my payslips before going on maternity leave , but now they are requesting additional information .
Thank you for submitting your application for leave to remain as a spouse .

We are currently assessing your application. We are unable to conclude the application at this time as we require additional information.

the email they sent is below .

should I be worried about anything . I did submit an employment letter .

• Please provide more proof of income. We require your sponsor’s payslips from Dec 2020 to May 2021 and the corresponding bank statements for the same period. We also need a letter from her employer, confirming employment and maternity leave.

Please send this document(s) as a scanned attachment within 14 days of this email to:[email protected] quoting your application reference in the subject line.Please attach the document directly to the email as we are unable to access links to files hosted on sites such as Dropbox™ or Google Drive™. Please note that multiple files may be too large for our inbox to accept, in this instance please split the attachments over more than one email as required.

Please note failure to reply to this email within 14 days may result in further delays to a decision being made and/or may result in the application being made on the basis of the evidence already provided. This may result in the application being refused in accordance with the immigration rules.

spouse of scouse Jul 15th 2021 11:52 am

Hi Curlysu. I don't think there's any need for you to worry (I know, easy for me to say!), just provide the information they've asked for in the timeframe requested. If there was any reason to refuse your application other than the lack of information they're now seeking, you probably would have just got a straight refusal.

Curlysu Jul 16th 2021 2:39 pm

Thanks for your response.

I sent the documents they requested and for the following email below.

not sure how to feel now . Worried .
Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to Outstanding Evidence, we are not able to meet our usual service standards.

Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.

If your application was submitted prior to your current grant of leave expiring, your current status within the United Kingdom has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.

If you have applied to switch your status in respect of your employment or studies then please refer to the guidance on Gov.UK as you should be permitted to commence work / study prior to your application being decided, should you meet the conditions set out in the guidance.

We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience at this time.

spouse of scouse Jul 16th 2021 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Curlysu (Post 13030113)
Thanks for your response.

I sent the documents they requested and for the following email below.

not sure how to feel now . Worried .
Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to Outstanding Evidence, we are not able to meet our usual service standards.

Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.

If your application was submitted prior to your current grant of leave expiring, your current status within the United Kingdom has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.

If you have applied to switch your status in respect of your employment or studies then please refer to the guidance on Gov.UK as you should be permitted to commence work / study prior to your application being decided, should you meet the conditions set out in the guidance.

We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience at this time.

Nothing to be worried about in that email. It's just a standard courtesy email, letting you know that your husband's application may not be processed within the usual timelines due to the case officer needing to pause the processing to request further information. It's also good to be reassured that it doesn't matter if a decision hasn't been made before your husband's current visa expires, he'll still be a lawful resident of the UK.

In truth, processing is taking longer for most people now anyway due to covid disruptions. You've done all the right things so it's just a matter of waiting until your CO finishes processing the application. Try not to worry, if your husband has met the requirements he'll get his FLR.

Curlysu Jul 16th 2021 6:40 pm

It was successful, we got an email shortly after .

thank you so much for your assurance . 😁😁😁

spouse of scouse Jul 18th 2021 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Curlysu (Post 13030193)
It was successful, we got an email shortly after .

thank you so much for your assurance . 😁😁😁

Congratulations :thumbsup: