Flr running out soon no b1

Old Feb 4th 2023, 2:49 am
Just Joined

Mo1995 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flr running out soon no b1

Hi thank you for taking the time to read and maybe reply to my question firstly.

so my wife has been in the country with me for over 4 years now and slowly reaching the 5 year mark. I done the Flr after 2.5 years seems like yesterday so was surprised to come to the realisation the 5 year period is coming up very soon now.

my wife done the a2 exam and passed. But I am worried she won’t pass the life in the uk test exam for the ilr for the 5 year route. Can I just not extend it for 2.5 years again using her same a2 certificate. I am really confused as all I see is the 5 year route option talked about on all the articles. I have no faith in her to pass the life in the uk test atm as our life has been hectic hence no school for her. Moving homes, having a baby, starting a new job and complications with the birth. I know she can pass the b1 test and will book it very soon for her

1) so yeah my question really is can I not do the flr for 2.5 years again?

2) if she does the b1 exam. Can she apply for the ilr without the life in the uk test? If so what is the difference with the ilr to the flr?

life in the uk test she is no way ready for it. Does she really need this rn or can I just keep extending.

Last edited by Mo1995; Feb 4th 2023 at 3:32 am.
Old Feb 4th 2023, 1:38 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flr running out soon no b1

She can apply for FLR again but that would be a very expensive and unnecessary option if the only obstacle is the Life in the UK Test. There are study guides available and plenty of tutorials available online and on YouTube.
Old Feb 4th 2023, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Ok that’s great news. Because atm she isn’t ready and her renewel isn’t too far away. So I think ideally flr will be the option for now. Thanks for replying.

however how about my other question. The difference between ilr and flr
Old Feb 4th 2023, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mo1995
Ok that’s great news. Because atm she isn’t ready and her renewel isn’t too far away. So I think ideally flr will be the option for now. Thanks for replying.

however how about my other question. The difference between ilr and flr

ILR means she has permission to permanently live in the UK
FLR means she can only live in the UK while she has a valid visa - which needs to be renewed periodically.
Old Feb 5th 2023, 1:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
ILR means she has permission to permanently live in the UK
FLR means she can only live in the UK while she has a valid visa - which needs to be renewed periodically.
ok thank you very much that clears it up.