British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   FLR (M) title deeds delay (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/flr-m-title-deeds-delay-937292/)

movingtolakes Feb 23rd 2021 7:54 pm

FLR (M) title deeds delay

Hi

we bought a home and closed in January, we are waiting for the title deeds back from the land registry but they are obviously very busy. Are they essential for the accommodation section? I have council tax, mortgage documents, closing statement etc. If we didn’t get the deeds through in time for the application would that be an issue?

thanks RB

SanDiegogirl Feb 23rd 2021 8:01 pm

Re: FLR (M) title deeds delay

Originally Posted by movingtolakes (Post 12976773)
Hi

we bought a home and closed in January, we are waiting for the title deeds back from the land registry but they are obviously very busy. Are they essential for the accommodation section? I have council tax, mortgage documents, closing statement etc. If we didn’t get the deeds through in time for the application would that be an issue?

thanks RB

Should not think so as you have other documentation showing you have accommodation. Include explanatory letter just to make sure ?.....

christmasoompa Feb 23rd 2021 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by movingtolakes (Post 12976773)
Hi

thanks RB

You mention mortgage documents? If the property is mortgaged you don’t normally get the deeds, they’re held by the mortgage lender until it’s paid in full.

movingtolakes Feb 23rd 2021 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12976779)
You mention mortgage documents? If the property is mortgaged you don’t normally get the deeds, they’re held by the mortgage lender until it’s paid in full.

I have a letter from the bank confirming the completion of the mortgage from the day we closed, I also have a letter from the solicitor confirming the completion of the purchase with summary of various funds and payments. I don’t know if it’s the anxiety related to the pandemic that’s got me so stressed - the FLR won’t be submitted until early May so I still have time to wait on the land registry to deal with the registration process.

christmasoompa Feb 23rd 2021 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by movingtolakes (Post 12976782)
I have a letter from the bank confirming the completion of the mortgage from the day we closed, I also have a letter from the solicitor confirming the completion of the purchase with summary of various funds and payments. I don’t know if it’s the anxiety related to the pandemic that’s got me so stressed - the FLR won’t be submitted until early May so I still have time to wait on the land registry to deal with the registration process.

Ok, so you won’t get the deeds anyway, the title deeds will be sent directly to your mortgage company. Sounds like you’ve got enough though.

movingtolakes Feb 23rd 2021 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12976783)
Ok, so you won’t get the deeds anyway, the title deeds will be sent directly to your mortgage company. Sounds like you’ve got enough though.

I think it’s the title register i need for the FLR though not the deeds? You can request a copy of the title register from the gov land registry website once the property has been changed into my name, I suppose it’s that I am waiting on but maybe I don’t need it anyway? Thanks for responses

christmasoompa Feb 23rd 2021 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by movingtolakes (Post 12976784)
I think it’s the title register i need for the FLR though not the deeds? You can request a copy of the title register from the gov land registry website once the property has been changed into my name, I suppose it’s that I am waiting on but maybe I don’t need it anyway? Thanks for responses

I can't see why you'd need it tbh, your solicitor should send you a copy of the title when it's all gone through but it sounds like you've got more than enough proof anyway.

movingtolakes Feb 23rd 2021 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12976787)
I can't see why you'd need it tbh, your solicitor should send you a copy of the title when it's all gone through but it sounds like you've got more than enough proof anyway.

thanks - I hope I’ll get it by then anyway just I looked at many FLR checklists on here and most people who own a home do provide a copy of the title register as part of the application which is why I’m stressing so much

SanDiegogirl Feb 23rd 2021 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by movingtolakes (Post 12976790)
thanks - I hope I’ll get it by then anyway just I looked at many FLR checklists on here and most people who own a home do provide a copy of the title register as part of the application which is why I’m stressing so much

You've got plenty of proof you own a property. I would stop stressing if I was you.

christmasoompa Feb 23rd 2021 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by movingtolakes (Post 12976790)

But a copy of the title doesn’t prove you live there anyway, it only proves you’ve bought it. You could own it but still be living abroad! So in the grand scheme of things I can’t see it’s much use anyway, there will be many other docs that will provide better proof.

spouse of scouse Feb 24th 2021 12:06 am

Originally Posted by movingtolakes (Post 12976784)

You don't need the land registry document. I applied for my spouse visa before title was registered with the Land Registry, so I provided the completion email from our solicitor, a bank statement showing transfer of the purchase funds from our bank to the solicitor's bank, and the home buyers report. No questions were asked. Absolutely no need to worry, the documents you have are ample proof.

BritInParis Feb 24th 2021 12:09 am

Not an issue if you provide your mortgage agreement.

movingtolakes Apr 4th 2021 8:29 am

Hi Update on this - i did finally (only just) get the title deeps in the form of an original copy, one page with the deeds and then an A3 sized map of the plot. Do i need to include the A3 map of the plot also? Would be a problem to scan it as i only have an A4 scanner - thankyou

SanDiegogirl Apr 4th 2021 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by movingtolakes (Post 12991067)
Hi Update on this - i did finally (only just) get the title deeps in the form of an original copy, one page with the deeds and then an A3 sized map of the plot. Do i need to include the A3 map of the plot also? Would be a problem to scan it as i only have an A4 scanner - thankyou

No you don't need the plot map ...