FLR(M) submission and physical mailing question

Old Apr 7th 2024, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

blitzin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FLR(M) submission and physical mailing question

Hi folks, thanks again for the past help I got here when submitting my initial spouse visa application from the US in 2021!
Now I'm just finishing up the online application process for my FLR(M) and the final stuff to do is just different enough that I thought I'd ask you all for clarification on a couple things:
  1. When I get to the final pay-your-money page for the application fee and the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) fee, is that when it allows me to upload supporting documents?
  2. Will I be uploading them at the same location or do I get sent to the UKVCAS/Sopra Steria Website to upload them?
  3. At what point will I make an appointment for Biometrics?
  4. After uploading supporting documents, I know they require my physical US Passport and BRP along with a couple photos of me and one of my wife; I was thinking I'd include a physical cover letter as well as upload a cover letter. I know on my initial filing I had to print out mailing labels for UKVI to use to return stuff to me, I'm not seeing any reference to that here with the exception of optionally including a pre-paid pre-addressed special-delivery envelope to get the passport and BRP returned quicker. Have I got this right?
Thanks in advance for your help!
B
Old Apr 8th 2024, 8:27 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FLR(M) submission and physical mailing question

You pay the IHS and the application fee on the Home Office first after which you can log in separately to the Sopra Steria website to book your biometrics appointment and upload your documents.

At no point do you surrender either your passport or BRP or provide physical photographs. You only need to show your passport as proof of identity together with your appointment confirmation when you attend your appointment. Any cover letter should be uploaded with your other supporting documents.

If you are issued a new BRP then this will be sent to you via Royal Mail although depending on when you apply you may be issued an eVisa in which case you won’t receive any physical proof of your status, just a confirmation letter via email.
Old May 27th 2024, 9:31 am
Just Joined

blitzin is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, that's what I get for following the uk.gov's instructions then realizing they were old - from 2014! :-P
I submitted everything online pretty soon after making that post and seeing your reply, had the biometrics appointment, and already have been approved for my FLR(M) and received my new BRP (which, so far, they're still doing, but it does expire at the end of 2024! The FLR is of course good until later 2026).
Old Jul 21st 2024, 5:28 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blitzin
Thanks, that's what I get for following the uk.gov's instructions then realizing they were old - from 2014! :-P
I submitted everything online pretty soon after making that post and seeing your reply, had the biometrics appointment, and already have been approved for my FLR(M) and received my new BRP (which, so far, they're still doing, but it does expire at the end of 2024! The FLR is of course good until later 2026).
You’re welcome. You’ll be invited to exchange your BRP for an eVisa at some point this summer.