British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   FLR(M) SPOUSE VISA - ACCOMMODATION QUESTION (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/flr-m-spouse-visa-accommodation-question-945026/)

mavaas11 Aug 6th 2022 9:54 pm

FLR(M) SPOUSE VISA - ACCOMMODATION QUESTION

Hello,

I will be applying for my spouse's extension next year. For accommodation, I will be providing a land registry document, letter from homeowner (father), homeowners passport bio page, property inspection report and utility bill.

Will that be enough.

Also is the council tax letter mandatory?
If not I prefer not to provide it.

ALL REPLIES WELCOME

SanDiegogirl Aug 7th 2022 2:34 am

Re: FLR(M) SPOUSE VISA - ACCOMMODATION QUESTION

- passport bio not needed
- council tax letter not mandatory

mavaas11 Aug 7th 2022 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 13133420)
- passport bio not needed
- council tax letter not mandatory

Thanks SanDiegoGirl !! :)

DernierVirage Aug 7th 2022 5:34 pm

When my wife completed her FLR (M) application, the form specifically requested evidence of council tax costs. This was in 2018.

mavaas11 Aug 7th 2022 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by DernierVirage (Post 13133547)
When my wife completed her FLR (M) application, the form specifically requested evidence of council tax costs. This was in 2018.

Hi Buddy,
When I done a mock fill out of the application form a few months back I believe it did ask for council tax. But when I recently filled in the application form it did not ask for the council tax in the list of documents required. So I am really unsure.

Thanks anyway, by the way did you do the ILR and send in the council tax. Thanks

mavaas11 Aug 7th 2022 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by DernierVirage (Post 13133547)

Also when we applied for entry clearance in 2020 we didn't include the council tax bill, but it was still accepted. Not to mention we live with my parents so we dont pay the council tax its my parents who pay the council tax

DernierVirage Aug 7th 2022 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by mavaas11 (Post 13133556)
Hi Buddy,
When I done a mock fill out of the application form a few months back I believe it did ask for council tax. But when I recently filled in the application form it did not ask for the council tax in the list of documents required. So I am really unsure.

Thanks anyway, by the way did you do the ILR and send in the council tax. Thanks

Yes, we did ILR last year. We used the council tax bill as one of our documents to prove we live together (in fact it was the only letter in joint names!) but it was not asked for specifically in the application.

SanDiegogirl Aug 7th 2022 8:59 pm

I assumed that the OP was asking about the council tax bill with regard proving his parents owned their own home (in which he is living)
As he has already provided his parent's land registry document, a council tax bill is not needed.

If he was providing a council tax bill as proof of him living with this wife for past 2 years, then, yes, it would be needed as evidence.