FLR(M) questions

Old Feb 10th 2019, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

alistairlp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FLR(M) questions

My wife and I are currently applying for her further leave to remain as a spouse. We have a question about the consent section of the online form, specifically the following two questions:
  • Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?
  • Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?
We are not providing any bank statements/letters or letters from utility companies that are held jointly. We will, however, be providing documentation from a bank or utility company that is in each of our names separately. Since the accounts aren't jointly held, do we answer 'yes' or 'no'?

For the second question, my wife is providing her own payslips and bank statements for the finance section. For this, do we just answer 'no'?
Old Feb 10th 2019, 9:43 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FLR(M) questions

‘No’ and ‘No’.
Old Feb 11th 2019, 7:57 am
Just Joined

Super, that's what we thought but it's always helpful to get a second opinion. Thank you!
Old Feb 11th 2019, 9:19 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You’re welcome!
Old Feb 11th 2019, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

I have another question about the documentation and evidence.

We are currently applying online with the new process - can we scan the documents in ourselves and upload them as part of the application or would the applicant take everything with them to the ensuing appointment?

If we can upload them ourselves, do we group and upload the documents in different categories (i.e. finances, accommodation, relationship, etc..)?
Old Feb 11th 2019, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

You can scan and upload your own documents or have them scanned and uploaded at the appointment. I still am not sure if ALL the centres do that (or if you have to pay fir that) but the appointment will be much quicker if you have already uploaded your own documents. You can also use a checking service if you wish before your appointment. You upload the documents into the appropriate categories but I understand that it is not a problem if some are not in the correct category. I think that they tell you where your mandatory documents should go, so there is some guidance.
Old Feb 11th 2019, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

Great, good to know that we upload the documents into their appropriate categories. I was looking into the document checking service earlier and we will probably opt to use it just for peace of mind.

I guess our last question since we're close to submitting our application is, does our document list look ok? The only thing we're really unsure about is the passport photos of us since there hasn't been anywhere in the online application asking for them yet. We have, however, noticed other users including them in their document list.

Our documents are:

Applicant
FLR(M) application form
IHS surcharge receipt
Applicant’s current passport and previous passport
Applicant’s BRP
Do we need 2x passport photos?

Sponsor
Copy of every page of sponsor’s passport (to upload)
Sponsor’s passport (to take to appointment)
Do we need 1x passport photo?

Relationship
Marriage certificate
A photograph of us from last year

Finances
Last 6 months' payslips
Last 6 months' original bank statements
Letter from employer
Employment contract

Accommodation documents and items of correspondence
(We have at least one document for every four months going back the last 2.5 years to ensure they are spread out over that period)
Original tenancy agreement
2 tenancy renewal letters from landlord (addressed jointly)
3 years’ council tax statements (joint)
2 energy bills (applicant)
Joint railcard letter and railcard (letter in applicant's name)
Letter from bank (applicant)
2 internet bills (sponsor)
2 TV licence bills (sponsor)

Other
Consent declarations
Old Feb 11th 2019, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairlp
Great, good to know that we upload the documents into their appropriate categories. I was looking into the document checking service earlier and we will probably opt to use it just for peace of mind.

I guess our last question since we're close to submitting our application is, does our document list look ok? The only thing we're really unsure about is the passport photos of us since there hasn't been anywhere in the online application asking for them yet. We have, however, noticed other users including them in their document list.

Our documents are:

Applicant
FLR(M) application form
IHS surcharge receipt
Applicant’s current passport and previous passport
Applicant’s BRP
Do we need 2x passport photos?

Sponsor
Copy of every page of sponsor’s passport (to upload)
Sponsor’s passport (to take to appointment)
Do we need 1x passport photo?

Relationship
Marriage certificate
A photograph of us from last year

Finances
Last 6 months' payslips
Last 6 months' original bank statements
Letter from employer
Employment contract

Accommodation documents and items of correspondence
(We have at least one document for every four months going back the last 2.5 years to ensure they are spread out over that period)
Original tenancy agreement
2 tenancy renewal letters from landlord (addressed jointly)
3 years’ council tax statements (joint)
2 energy bills (applicant)
Joint railcard letter and railcard (letter in applicant's name)
Letter from bank (applicant)
2 internet bills (sponsor)
2 TV licence bills (sponsor)

Other
Consent declarations
You don't mention how your wife meets the English language requirement, or is it not relevant in her case? Also, is your marriage certificate in Englsih, or does it need to be translated? As regards the photos, the new systems doesn't require photos.

One small point, my wife got her FLR last October (she was one of the last to apply under the previous system, where you did need to submit passport photos!) and we didn't attach any photos of us together...just the other documents that you have mentioned.

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 11th 2019, 11:27 pm

The OP’s wife is a US citizen so her passport will suffice for the English language requirement. I suspect they married in either the UK or US so no translation required.
Old Feb 12th 2019, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough

Hmm so is it correct that I don't have to submit a bunch of photos & FB messages, etc. for FLM(M) as proof of 2 years of cohabitation suffices to prove we have a genuine relationship?
Old Feb 12th 2019, 7:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
You don't mention how your wife meets the English language requirement, or is it not relevant in her case? Also, is your marriage certificate in Englsih, or does it need to be translated?.
Originally Posted by BritInParis
The OP’s wife is a US citizen so her passport will suffice for the English language requirement. I suspect they married in either the UK or US so no translation required.
Yes, my wife is from the US and we married there, so we don't need to provide anything language-related.

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
As regards the photos, the new systems doesn't require photos.

One small point, my wife got her FLR last October (she was one of the last to apply under the previous system, where you did need to submit passport photos!) and we didn't attach any photos of us together...just the other documents that you have mentioned.
Good to know about the passport photos - just thought I'd check since I can't find any documentation anywhere about them being phased out. We were also wondering whether or not the photo of us was necessary but will probably just stick it in since it can't hurt.

Thanks again BritInParis, michali, and DernierVirage for your responses in this thread. They have been very helpful.
Old Feb 12th 2019, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Bingbing25
Hmm so is it correct that I don't have to submit a bunch of photos & FB messages, etc. for FLM(M) as proof of 2 years of cohabitation suffices to prove we have a genuine relationship?
FB messages, no. You need to include the correspondence specified. Throwing in some captioned photos doesn’t hurt either.
Old Feb 12th 2019, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BritInParis
FB messages, no. You need to include the correspondence specified. Throwing in some captioned photos doesn’t hurt either.
Thanks for that!
Old Feb 17th 2019, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Hopefully one last question that is related to the 28-day rule for financial evidence.

The last payslips we have are dated 25-Jan-2019. We submitted the application today, 17-Feb-2019. Our appointment will be on 27-Feb-2019.

We just wanted to double check, are we safely within the 28 days since that refers to the date of the application rather than the date of the appointment?
Old Feb 17th 2019, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by alistairlp
Hopefully one last question that is related to the 28-day rule for financial evidence.

The last payslips we have are dated 25-Jan-2019. We submitted the application today, 17-Feb-2019. Our appointment will be on 27-Feb-2019.

We just wanted to double check, are we safely within the 28 days since that refers to the date of the application rather than the date of the appointment?
Yes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.