British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   FLR (M) query (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/flr-m-query-942099/)

blackscholes Dec 28th 2021 6:52 am

FLR (M) query

Hello,

I have a few queries that I would be grateful if you can advise on. My wife's BRP expires on the 18th Aug 2022.

1. How soon can we apply for FLR(M)? Is it within 28 days of this date?
2. My wife and I both work on a zero hours contract so our pay is variable every month. Under which category should we apply?
3. I have weekly payslips as I am paid weekly. Will they be acceptable as I would need to provide more than 25?

Your advice/guidance will be much appreciated. Thank you

BritInParis Dec 28th 2021 11:19 am

Re: FLR (M) query

1. You can apply anytime but it’s advisable to apply less than 28 days the current BRP expires. If you’re paid weekly I would aim to submit once you have received the last payslip for July.

2. B

3. Yes.

blackscholes Jan 1st 2022 9:34 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 13084152)
1. You can apply anytime but it’s advisable to apply less than 28 days the current BRP expires. If you’re paid weekly I would aim to submit once you have received the last payslip for July.

2. B

3. Yes.

Thank you so much BiP for your guidance once again. Happy new year! Smile

blackscholes Jan 6th 2022 2:10 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 13084152)

2. B

3. Yes.

Hi BiP, do you think we could apply now for our FLR (M) instead of waiting till July?

BritInParis Jan 6th 2022 8:10 am

Originally Posted by blackscholes (Post 13086452)
Hi BiP, do you think we could apply now for our FLR (M) instead of waiting till July?

You could do but then your wife won’t have enough time to meet the five years required for ILR meaning you would have to submit a second FLR(M) application to cover the last three months or so, not recommended.

blackscholes Jan 6th 2022 9:33 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 13086473)
You could do but then your wife won’t have enough time to meet the five years required for ILR meaning you would have to submit a second FLR(M) application to cover the last three months or so, not recommended.

Thanks again BiP.

You had advised to apply under Category B for meeting financial requirements. Does it make any difference if the company that I work for does not pay me directly? I am paid by the recruitment agency, they are the ones that hired me to work for this company. Hope I will not be required to provide 12 months payslips? Would be very thankful for your guidance again.

blackscholes Jan 6th 2022 8:10 pm

Also, I took one week holiday and don't have a payslip for that week. Will they use minimum or the average weekly figure?

SanDiegogirl Jan 6th 2022 9:26 pm

- If you are working for an agency and they pay you they are your employer.
- You are paid weekly and are on zero contracts so you are an unsalaried worker.
- If you have been working for the agency for 6 months or more you can apply under Cat and submit 26 payslips to cover a full 6 months of employment.
- your income will be calculated as follows:

Where the person is in non-salaried employment:
the level of gross annual employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the person’s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).
To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the following calculation should be used: (Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6-month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement

If you go the Cat B route you need to provide 12 months of payslips, bank statements etc.

For more info on categories for qualification read the following document carefully:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...equirement.pdf

blackscholes Jan 7th 2022 6:25 am

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 13086617)
- If you are working for an agency and they pay you they are your employer.
- You are paid weekly and are on zero contracts so you are an unsalaried worker.
- If you have been working for the agency for 6 months or more you can apply under Cat and submit 26 payslips to cover a full 6 months of employment.
- your income will be calculated as follows:

Where the person is in non-salaried employment:
the level of gross annual employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the person’s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).
To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the following calculation should be used: (Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6-month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement

If you go the Cat B route you need to provide 12 months of payslips, bank statements etc.

For more info on categories for qualification read the following document carefully:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...equirement.pdf

Thank you so much SanDiego Girl for the detailed reply. Would really appreciate if you can advise on following:

1. I have already worked for 3 months for this agency. Please confirm if after 6 months of employment with same agency, I can apply under Cat A? (I have variable pay depending on hours worked weekly)

2. I am paid weekly and for one week, I did not work due to being unwell. I wasn't paid in that week and do not have a payslip for that week. Will that break continuity of my 6 month employment?

I would be grateful for your guidance. Thank you