British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   FLR (M) Process Confusion (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/flr-m-process-confusion-935630/)

ThaiUK Nov 8th 2020 10:24 am

Hi everyone, I'm so confused I really hope someone can clarify a few things for me to help with my wife's visa extension.

She arrived in the UK in 2018 on a settlement visa and her leave to reman expires on Jan 2nd 2021. I understand that we should make the application for FLR (M) no earlier than 28 days before the expiry date, so does this mean we should not do anything until that date? or do we book a date online for the application and just make sure that date is within 28 days of 2nd Jan 2021?

Another question is about the process of submitting documents etc. What happens after we make the online application? Do we have to upload the evidence documents online or do they need to be physically sent/taken somewhere? Does my wife need to attend a centre for anything or is it all done remotely?

Thanks in advance for any input you may add.

A couple of further questions;

I'm aware we need to provide documentation proving finances/employment, English test result, and proof of ongoing relationship, does this include resubmitting marriage cert and translations as per original visa application?

Also, do we have to provide any documentation regarding accommodation as required in original visa application?

Thanks for any input.

So basically at present my document list will comprise of the following;

Financial-
Bank statements
Pay Slips
Letter from employer
Employment contract

Relationship-
Marriage certificate/translations
Correspondence to home address over past 2 years

Others-
English test result
Copy of biometric residence permit
copy of current and previous passport (applicant)
copy of current passport (me)

Does that seem about correct, or is there anything blatently absent?

SanDiegogirl Nov 12th 2020 5:28 am

Re: FLR (M) Process Confusion

If you are here on family route (as spouse or unmarried partner), and you entered UK on 33-month visa, then the earliest you can apply to renew your leave on form FLR(M) is on the 30-month anniversary of your UK entry (not from 'valid from' date on your visa, unless you arrived here on the first day of validity), minus 28 days. So for example, if you arrived in UK on your settlement visa on 17th June 2015, you can apply on 17th December 2017 (30-month anniversary), minus 28 days which will be 19th November 2017. So that's the first day you can book your premium service centre appointment for (for same-day service)

You apply online
You upload all your documents
The applicant attends a biometric interview (you arrange this at time of application)
All documentation, financials, accommodation, relationship requirements are same as original application.