FLR (M) - marriage certificate

Old Sep 11th 2018, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute
Default FLR (M) - marriage certificate

Hello, I have a simple question about the marriage certificate submitted with a FLR (M) application, I would appreciate your help.

My wife and I have a Chinese marriage certificate which we submitted with her previous application for initial leave to remain. In her FLR application, we have submit the certificate again, but is it necessary to have it translated once again and, if so, are there any requirements as regards the translator? My wife has been told that she can translate it herself, but that seems strange to me....Any advice would be gratefully received !!
Old Sep 11th 2018, 11:14 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FLR (M) - marriage certificate

Do you not still have the previous translation?
Old Sep 11th 2018, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Do you not still have the previous translation?
We do, but my wife can't find it !!

Is this something that is critical, given that the Home Office had the certificate and translation at the time of the previous application?
Old Sep 11th 2018, 12:19 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

No point in providing the marriage certificate without a translation. If they want to see it again then you'll need to get it translated. I wouldn't rely on your wife to do that. Get a quote from someone like Stryker.
Old Sep 11th 2018, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

No point in providing the marriage certificate without a translation. If they want to see it again then you'll need to get it translated. I wouldn't rely on your wife to do that. Get a quote from someone like Stryker.
Thanks....quick question, is it OK to have it translated by someone else, but not a translation agency, just a private individual?
Old Sep 11th 2018, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
Thanks....quick question, is it OK to have it translated by someone else, but not a translation agency, just a private individual?
Depends on their qualifications, but yes, you can do that providing they are a professional translator. I wouldn't be a cheapskate and risk the whole application and fee to save a few pounds however.
Old Sep 11th 2018, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Depends on their qualifications, but yes, you can do that providing they are a professional translator. I wouldn't be a cheapskate and risk the whole application and fee to save a few pounds however.
Thanks very much indeed.