Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

FLR(M) Documents Dates and timing Clarification and help needed

FLR(M) Documents Dates and timing Clarification and help needed

Old Aug 3rd 2020, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

dinoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FLR(M) Documents Dates and timing Clarification and help needed

Hi All,

My Wife has today submitted her FLR(M) extension application online and successfully paid for her IHS surcharge and visa application fee.
Afterwards we were directed to the UKVCAS website. And it became obvious that there are no appointments available to us in the near future due to the COVID back-log. No appointments available all the way to the first week of September.

After reading more we understand all we can do now is wait for an email which will eventually let us know when an appointment is available to us while they work through back-logs. We do not anticipate it will be anytime soon unfortunately.

My 2 questions relates to the famous 28 day rule on documents and me being a director of a specified limited company.
Basically we understand that relevant documents and information should be dated to within 28days of the application.

My question is:
Does this 28day rule correspond from the date of our application submitted online (which is today)? Or is it from the date of the future biometrics appointment with UKVCAS (which we have no idea when it will be at the moment)?

One particular reason why I need to know - is because under the finances section we are applying under category F - as I am a director of a "specified Limited company".
Our application has been submitted based on the companys last full financial year which runs from 01 September 2018 - 31 August 2019. Which means we are currently still within.

Second Question
However, If the 28day rule does apply for the future biometrics appointment and it happens after 01 September 2020 (which seems likely now) It means for finances the next full company financial year will become the 01 September 2019 - 31 August 2020 period. Under these circumstances - Does it mean i will need to resubmit my whole application for the financial year just completed due to the appointment delays?
If this is true - The problem is it will take some time before my company accounts to be filed by the accountant and this creates all kinds of issues in my mind.

It seems very bad timing and a bit of a unique scenario, but if anyone can shed so light on the matter it would be appreciated.
I'm hoping the 28day rule applies for the online submission and not biometrics.....

Many thanks.
Dinoman

Old Aug 3rd 2020, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FLR(M) Documents Dates and timing Clarification and help needed

I would say that, logically, the date of submission is going to be date taken for the 28 day rule. Since no dates are known for biometrics it would appear cruel to use a biometric date which currently is unknown and could be way in the future, and which could, effectively, make all your documents out of date.
Then again, I've always thought the submission date to be the 'start date' of the process.
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 8:12 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It’s the date of submission.
Old Aug 5th 2020, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It’s the date of submission.
Hi BritInParis,

Just to clarify. When you say date of "submission". Does that mean the date we paid and submitted online? or the date of biometric appointment?

Thanks,
Dinoman
Old Aug 5th 2020, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinoman
Hi BritInParis,

Just to clarify. When you say date of "submission". Does that mean the date we paid and submitted online? or the date of biometric appointment?

Thanks,
Dinoman
date you submitted your application online.......
Old Aug 5th 2020, 8:00 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

What SDG said.
Old Aug 6th 2020, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Thank you both!