FLR (M): Category D Confusion

Old Sep 8th 2020, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

smashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond repute
Default FLR (M): Category D Confusion

Hi all!

I'm in the process of getting everything together for our FLR-M application. I'd forgotten the labyrinth of ambiguities that these forms sometimes turn into.

I (the sponsor) more than meet the employment income requirement but due to various hassle around timing payslips and letters, we'd rather use the full Category D savings route instead of Category A if possible.

We can meet the full savings requirement, with suitable funds in savings accounts for over 6 months, but I'm still a bit confused about some of the details:

1. Are you 'allowed' to use cash savings if you meet the employment income requirement? Wording and sequence on the (slightly older, paper) FLR (M) form hints at cash savings being somewhat of a last resort if you can't meet other sources?

2. If you can use savings alone even if employed, should I still fill out employment details when prompted detailing employer, income etc. even if I have no intention of using this as evidence?

3. If that's necessary, should I then go about getting HR and payroll letters and supplying my contract etc. even if these aren't being depended on for the application? Obviously that would make trying to simplify things with the cash savings route not worth the trouble.

4. The cash savings section asks for total combined savings (and who holds which). Do we need to declare all of our savings here (and provide evidence of them), or just the account with savings that meet the maintenance requirement? We have additional savings in other accounts, but I'd rather not confuse things or create extra work for myself if we don't need to detail everything.

5. Having read the various FM's for guidance, it sounds like the evidence required for cateory D is 6 months (official) bank statements detailing the amount over the threshold being held, and a declaration of the source of income. Is that correct, or would I need to bundle up to 7-8 years worth of auxiliary (certified?) evidence around savings, transfers, sales of stock, a house sale a few years ago etc.? The guidance suggests that a declaration is all that required, but I may have missed something.

Thanks for taking a look!
Old Sep 8th 2020, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FLR (M): Category D Confusion

We looked at all this a couple of years ago and the conclusions were:

1. Yes, no problem at all
2. No
3. No need
4. Only the account that demonstrates you have sufficient funds
5. Six months is enough
Old Sep 8th 2020, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

smashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FLR (M): Category D Confusion

Thank you (again!) for your time and help DernierVirage, that's incredibly helpful! I feel a lot less stressed now.