FLR(M) application in person

Old Oct 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

Lucy.m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FLR(M) application in person

Hi All,

I am applying for my fiance's visa to be switched to spouse visa following our marraiage .

he is in the country on fiance visa and want to switch .

can we book an appointment now to submit the form in person after the marriage has taken place but before he is married to me or do I have to wait to book an appointment after the marriage

the issue the second point is, we are trying to change the visa soon and ukvi doesn't have many premium/same day appointments so if we wait to get married and then book a date that is another month or so on top whereas we can now book it so if we are married on 10th november, we then apply for new visa on 12th november rather than booking it on 12th november which means we have to wait another month or more

secondly , he submitted house inspection report in May . The council charges to do another one, does he need to have a new house inspection report with him or can he simply submit the old one which UKVI may not consider as it is dated more than 28 days.

Please advise.

many thanks
Old Oct 5th 2018, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

ellee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FLR(M) application in person

I can't answer most of your questions, but I can share my experience with booking a premium service center appointment because I think you could get an appointment within 1-3 weeks if you're flexible. Since I wanted a specific date for my appointment (it was a narrow date range I was in the UK) and I had heard how hard it was to get an appointment, I monitored the appointment booking page for months at all times of day. Here's what I learned:

1) It's easier to book an appointment for anytime, and then try to rebook it for the ideal time you want. It takes time to complete the appointment booking form the first time, and you might lose the spot to someone else if you take too long. However, if you already have an appointment booked and you just want to rebook it, it's one simple click from the confirmation email. I wanted a June appointment but first booked August, then managed to shift to July, then June, then to the exact date I wanted (which by that time was only 8 days away). There is no extra fee for rebooking appointments as long as it's not within a few days of your currently scheduled appointment (I can't remember if it's 48 or 72 hours, but if you're moving the appointment up it shouldn't affect you)

2) New or re-released appointment times are posted online around 12am-3am in the middle of the night. I literally stayed awake a few nights, reloading the website, until my perfect appointment time popped up at 1:30am! Be flexible with location. I live in Manchester, but I booked and rebooked appointments from Sheffield to Liverpool to London to try to get my ideal time and location

3) It became very clear that blocks of appointments were being held by immigration lawyers or agencies, so that they could sell them to their clients who are urgently looking for appointments (I wonder what they charge!). However, at a certain point before the cancellation deadline, blocks of appointments seem to clear up and they become available online again for the general public to book. If you reload the the website first thing in the mornings, you'll usually see some random appointments available within the week, but you gotta be ready to jump on them (see tip 1!) There were several times I reloaded in the morning I saw appointments within a day or two in some locations.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
Old Oct 7th 2018, 11:26 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If booking the appointment involves completing the FLR(M) application form then you’ll have to wait until after you are married. If you simply make an appointment booking then you can do that ahead of your marriage.

You should be fine with the housing report you have; you will need to provide up to date financials however.
Old Oct 24th 2018, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Default Fiance to flr(m)

hi guys,

do i need to add my husband to my tenancy agreement? He is on council tax and number of others and agency wants £200 just to add him so can save that money

we did a home inspection back in july and even though it is more than 28 days old, i want to still submit it and not do a new one as council charges me a big premium.

can i just submit my old inspection which is outdated? Mh flat is 2 bedroom with me only living in it so most people say you don’t even need one

i might have few more questions and will add them here again

regarding payment, we paid for premium to apply same day but on paper

on the paper form it says complete the credit card details but i have already paid, what should i do? On the form it says application will be invalid if section not filled and i can’t fill and pay again as i have already paid 1.7k plus nhs

many thanks
Old Oct 25th 2018, 12:10 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It would be a good idea to add your husband to your tenancy agreement. Charging £200 for the privilege is outrageous and will soon be banned in England. I would push back with the letting agent on this point.

I would reuse your previous inspection report.

Leave the payment details blank and add a note that you have already paid online.
Old Oct 26th 2018, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It would be a good idea to add your husband to your tenancy agreement. Charging £200 for the privilege is outrageous and will soon be banned in England. I would push back with the letting agent on this point.

I would reuse your previous inspection report.

Leave the payment details blank and add a note that you have already paid online.

would it be bad if i don’t?

agency doesn’t budge and his name is on council and water bill so that is enough to me?
Old Oct 26th 2018, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Lucy.m
would it be bad if i don’t?

agency doesn’t budge and his name is on council and water bill so that is enough to me?
It would be better if you did. If you have other documents then it’s probably not essential.
Old Oct 26th 2018, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It would be better if you did. If you have other documents then it’s probably not essential.

many thanks

another question, i was paid on 25th and printed my payslip from portal but all previous payslips( 6 month) have been stampped by hr but not the on on 25th as i won’t be able to attend office and get it stampped again

i have explained this on covering letter and also included stampped bank statement on 26th showing it has gone to my account

i have provided 7 month payslip rather than 6 which is from april. Based on above, does ukvi normally need april to sept or may to oct?

in my case, all payslips are stammped apart from october, would this be ok?
Old Oct 27th 2018, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Lucy.m
many thanks

another question, i was paid on 25th and printed my payslip from portal but all previous payslips( 6 month) have been stampped by hr but not the on on 25th as i won’t be able to attend office and get it stampped again

i have explained this on covering letter and also included stampped bank statement on 26th showing it has gone to my account

i have provided 7 month payslip rather than 6 which is from april. Based on above, does ukvi normally need april to sept or may to oct?

in my case, all payslips are stammped apart from october, would this be ok?
If your last stamped payslip is more than 28 days old then you run the risk of refusal if you submit the application with just a print off. Your letter from HR should also be less than 28 days old.