Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

FLR(m) application mailing address and possible to ship from UK though I'm in US?

FLR(m) application mailing address and possible to ship from UK though I'm in US?

Old Jul 18th 2017, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

jessica831 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FLR(m) application mailing address and possible to ship from UK though I'm in US?

hi - i have 2 questions if anyone can help~

1. What is the mailing address I should be using for the FLR M application - Sheffield or Durham? I'm planning to use the priority service offered by VSF global - from my understanding, paying $740(ish) will help process my visa faster but I don't see any other steps apart from paying the fee. I don't plan on using the courier service...

2. I'm currently in the US and will have my biometrics appointment in 2 days. My husband is in the UK and we are waiting for his last payslip to cover 6 months. Would it be possible for me to send my application and documents to my husband, have him add his pay slip/ banking info and have him send it to the Home Office from there? It would save a considerable amount of time as I'd have to wait for him to send documents here which I would then mail back to the UK. I was thinking of having him mail my US envelope inside the UK envelope to show that the application originated in the US though I don't know if that is necessary or helpful...

We have two young kids and our family is being separated due to this visa and getting it processed as quickly as possible is ideal but I'm still figuring out how to go about it all.. I'm so grateful for this community and hope that someone can help!
Old Jul 18th 2017, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FLR(m) application mailing address and possible to ship from UK though I'm in US?

You can't apply for a FLR(M) from outside of the UK.

By applying for the FLR(M) you are expected to be living in the UK.

From reading your earlier posts you were in the UK as a visitor in May 2017, so not sure why you are applying for a FLR(M) visa as you don't appear to have an initial spouse visa.
Old Jul 18th 2017, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: FLR(m) application mailing address and possible to ship from UK though I'm in US?

Shoot - I'm not sure if i've been labeling my documents incorrectly then! I've applied online via the Visas4UK site and applied for a settlement visa. I'm currently outside the UK but just want to have my husband ship the documents if i send it to him in order to save some time...do you think this isn't wise?
Old Jul 18th 2017, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jessica831
Shoot - I'm not sure if i've been labeling my documents incorrectly then! I've applied online via the Visas4UK site and applied for a settlement visa. I'm currently outside the UK but just want to have my husband ship the documents if i send it to him in order to save some time...do you think this isn't wise?
From the sounds of it you should be applying for a settlement visa (wife) - the initial one which is for 2.5 years.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

The following website gives info as to how to apply for settlement visa from US

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...isa-in-the-usa

Yes, you could send your documentation to your husband and he could send on to Sheffield.

Note that there appears to be a back log for applications, and processing is taking 12+ weeks at times without priority service.
Old Jul 18th 2017, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Thank you SanDiegoGirl for the info! yes - seems like lots of people have had long waits even with priority service but i'm still planning to go for the premium service in hopes it'll help a little bit...thanks for all the advice and support