FLR(m) Accommodation requirements : shared ownership

Old Sep 24th 2021, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

mobrien is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FLR(m) Accommodation requirements : shared ownership

Hi all,

My wife's spouse visa is due for renewal at the end of this year (visa expires 02/01/22) and I am wondering if anyone has any information regarding accommodation documents required when the property is purchased thru the "shared ownership" scheme.

I the sponsor will own 50% or the property (the sale is due to be completed at the beginning of October, leasehold proprty) and the remaining 50% will be owned by a housing association(legally the landlord) which I will need to pay rent for. Will the title deeds and mortgage documents be enough for the visa or will we also need a letter from the housing association stating that we are all free to live in the property?
Old Sep 24th 2021, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FLR(m) Accommodation requirements : shared ownership

Does the housing association need to be informed of who lives in the property as a matter of course? Do they legally have to give permission to all who live there?

If not, then, you do not need to do so for immigration purposes - just your mortgage documents will suffice.
Old Sep 24th 2021, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

mobrien is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FLR(m) Accommodation requirements : shared ownership

We do not legally need to inform the housing association of who is living there. So that is good news. Thank you for your reply.