FLR Application Date

Old Aug 12th 2021, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

MM18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile FLR Application Date

Hi All,

I am wondering what the processing times are for FLR applications at the moment? From what I understand, I need to submit my application 28 days prior to BRP expiry date. Is this correct? Is it 28 days or 28 business days? Also, what happens if the application isn't processed within those 28 days? Will I essentially be living in the UK without a valid visa? Does that pose any issues down the line when I need to apply for ILR or even citizenship?

Thanks
Old Aug 21st 2021, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

spinrs2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FLR Application Date

As long as you submit your application before your BRP expiring then you are legally living in the UK still and it will not be classed as overstaying, You are fine until a decision is made on your application.

I believe it its recommended to apply 28 days before expiry of your BRP but the earliest you can apply is 28 days before your 30 Months anniversary of entering the UK.
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

MM18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FLR Application Date

Thank you so much for responding