First British passport for UK born son

Old Dec 16th 2021, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

blackscholes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First British passport for UK born son

Hello all! I have applied online for my new born son's first British passport. The Home office are asking for my son's birth certificate AND some other documents related to me none of which I have nor seem applicable in my situation. They have asked to provide one of the following: (from either parent)

1. Full birth certificate
2. Naturalisation or registration certicate
3. Passport on which I was given ILR

I was born in Pakistan and my father was born in the UK in 1959. As far as I know, I am British by descent and my father applied for my British passport DIRECLTY when I was 7. So neither do I have no. 2 nor no.3 documents. The only document that I might be able to provide is my Pakistani birth certificate. My parents misplaced it but I might be able to get a duplicate. But it looks like they are asking for UK birth certificate, not overseas, doesn't it?

I am British and was so at time of son's birth who is UK born; so my son is automatically British isn't he? Please advise what to do now? Would really appreciate your input. Thank you
Old Dec 16th 2021, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

mavaas11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: First British passport for UK born son

Hi,

If you have a British passport, I think that should suffice. As at the time of application, if you were a British citizen. As they ask for a foreign passport with ILR. As the British passport should state under nationality British citizen.

submit your original British passport, with your child's birth certificate
Old Dec 16th 2021, 9:45 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First British passport for UK born son

If you claiming British citizenship by descent then you should supply your birth certificate showing your father was born in the UK.