British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   First Adult UK Passport - Applying online from Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/first-adult-uk-passport-applying-online-italy-920934/)

Giacomo378 Jan 11th 2019 8:17 am

First Adult UK Passport - Applying online from Italy

Hi all! This is my first post on the forum,I hope this hasn't been asked before.

I've recently obtained my certificate of registration and I was trying to apply online for my first british passport (I live in Italy), but I have a few doubts regarding the "previous passports section", which states that

“If the applicant has held or been included on a British passport before you must state this here. Provide the passport number below. You must send it with the application”
“Applying from outside the UK - you must send us a full colour photocopy of the non-British passport, or British Overseas Territories Citizen passport (every page including blank pages) and put the passport number in the additional information box.”

Has the applicant been included on ANY passport before?
I assume I should answer YES, because I own an Italian passport

Required information How many uncancelled passports are you sending us?
I guess I should asnwer NONE, cause I'm sending just a photocopy

Passport 1
Passport number
I would leave it blank.

Is the above correct? If yes I've still got the following doubts:

Do I have to write my Italian passport's number somewhere?

I'm pretty sure I was included on my late father's british passport which expired in 2000 and was cancelled (corner cut). In fact my father's last passport, valid from 2000 to 2010 didn't have my name on it cause I already had my own passport by that time.

The question is, do I have to search for this cancelled passport and send it with my application, writing the number somewhere?

My understanding is that only uncancelled passports should be sent, but I'm confused...

Thanks!

BritInParis Jan 11th 2019 12:04 pm

Re: First Adult UK Passport - Applying online from Italy

Those answers are correct. Don’t worry about being included on your father’s passport. Just make sure you selected that you are applying for a first time British passport.

Giacomo378 Jan 11th 2019 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12619988)
Those answers are correct. Don’t worry about being included on your father’s passport. Just make sure you selected that you are applying for a first time British passport.

Ok so I won't mention my late father's passport anywhere, that's a relief, cause I really don't know if I would have been able to find it.

What about my current Italian passport's number? Do I have to write it in the "additional information" box at the end of the application? Or it's enough to just send the full colour photocopy?

BritInParis Jan 12th 2019 2:47 am

Just send the photocopy.

Giacomo378 Jan 12th 2019 7:46 am

Perfect, thank you very much!
I'll keep you posted on the outcome of the application!

inggris Jan 30th 2019 10:46 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12620304)
Just send the photocopy.

Is it acceptable to get the entire foreign passport printed double sided on plain A4 paper? :confused:

BritInParis Jan 30th 2019 11:44 am

Originally Posted by inggris (Post 12629689)
Is it acceptable to get the entire foreign passport printed double sided on plain A4 paper? :confused:

Sure. Personally, I would just send a copy of the bio-data page, if at all.