Financial requirements - how many payslips?

Old May 25th 2017, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Chezdon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Financial requirements - how many payslips?

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Read the following document carefully to see under which category you qualify:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf

You say that in the previous 12 months you earned 18,600 GBP so, if your current job earns 18,600 GBP per annum you may be able to qualify under Category B (Section 5.3) and not have to wait until you have been in the job for 6 months.

Yes, exactly. So why is Mike giving out advice saying 6 months only? And more than once? Please know what you're talking about before ruining someone's day. If he can start the process after a month (which he can if he's earnt £18,600 the previous year) then he's saving himself 5 months of waiting around for nothing.
Old May 25th 2017, 8:54 am
Just Joined

seej48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chezdon
Yes, exactly. So why is Mike giving out advice saying 6 months only? And more than once? Please know what you're talking about before ruining someone's day. If he can start the process after a month (which he can if he's earnt £18,600 the previous year) then he's saving himself 5 months of waiting around for nothing.
I think the problem is that I don't have enough evidence to show them that I earned over 18,600 the previous 12 months. No payslips, etc. I only have a statement of earnings for the year from the local city office. Apparently that won't be enough.
Old May 25th 2017, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Chezdon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seej48
I think the problem is that I don't have enough evidence to show them that I earned over 18,600 the previous 12 months. No payslips, etc. I only have a statement of earnings for the year from the local city office. Apparently that won't be enough.
Well, that's a different problem entirely. Had you had those payslips, however, I'm pretty sure that you would only have to wait one month and not six.
Old May 25th 2017, 9:12 am
Just Joined

seej48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chezdon
Well, that's a different problem entirely. Had you had those payslips, however, I'm pretty sure that you would only have to wait one month and not six.
We established that, but thanks for your input.