Financial Requirements- Evidence

Old Jul 13th 2016, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

morris1773 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Financial Requirements- Evidence

Soon, my wife will apply for a spousal visa for the UK, and I am currently working on the documents and evidence I need. I will meet the financial requirements with my current job and a new job offer back in the UK.

I have been living overseas for 15 years, and the financial requirements request a P60 to prove my current income. I haven't got a P60 because I don't live in the UK. I have read, and heard of people being refused the visa because they don't have a P60. Have people managed to get visa without a P60? If so, how did you manage it?
Old Jul 13th 2016, 4:40 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial Requirements- Evidence

Do you have a tax certificate equivalence to a P60 from the country where you work?
Old Jul 13th 2016, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

I will not have the official government one when I apply, because it will not have been released yet. But I will have a tax document from my employer that states how much I have been paid, and the tax I paid that I use to file for my taxes.
Old Jul 13th 2016, 7:31 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You won't be refused due to a lack of a P60 if you haven't been working in the UK. You will however need to demonstrate you meet the financial requirement through your overseas income. It would probably help us if you said which country you are currently working in.
Old Jul 14th 2016, 12:29 am
Just Joined

I have been living and working in Taiwan for 15 years.
Old Jul 15th 2016, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

dreamer2 is an unknown quantity at this point

We just got through this. There is only 3 ways you can bring your wife if you are British citizen. 1. You live and work in UK for the last 5 month and your salary more than 18600. 2. You work outside but have job offer and you will start to work within 3 months after arriving and your salary will be more than 18600. 3. You can go as a cash saving. You need to keep in the bank 64K for the last 6 month without missing any day.
Old Jul 17th 2016, 9:45 am
Just Joined

AndrewE73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dreamer2
We just got through this. There is only 3 ways you can bring your wife if you are British citizen. 1. You live and work in UK for the last 5 month and your salary more than 18600. 2. You work outside but have job offer and you will start to work within 3 months after arriving and your salary will be more than 18600. 3. You can go as a cash saving. You need to keep in the bank 64K for the last 6 month without missing any day.
Is it £64,000 or £62,500 for cash savings route
Old Jul 17th 2016, 9:49 am
Just Joined

sorry, it might be 62,500. we had to have 74k I think as we applied for my son as well.
Old Jul 17th 2016, 9:50 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndrewE73
Is it £64,000 or £62,500 for cash savings route
£62,500.
Old Jul 17th 2016, 9:59 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

4. (Which applies to the OP): you are retired and will bring pension(s) income of £18,600 or more per annum combined.

ETA: Wrong thread. (4) is still true but doesn't apply to this OP. The other thread was started by a retired US law enforcement officer, I thought I was posting on his thread.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Jul 17th 2016 at 10:17 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

I am going to do option 2. I have a job offer in the UK and my current salary is more than 18,600 per year. The issue is proving this amount, as they ask for a P60, but I do not have one. What evidence do I need to show that I earn more than 18,600 in Taiwan.
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 4:23 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morris1773
I am going to do option 2. I have a job offer in the UK and my current salary is more than 18,600 per year. The issue is proving this amount, as they ask for a P60, but I do not have one. What evidence do I need to show that I earn more than 18,600 in Taiwan.
Do you pay taxes in Taiwan? I don't know anything about Taiwan, but could you provide translations of tax returns from there showing your earnings?
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Before we started an application forms we spoke by Skype with Immigration lawyer and it was nothing about P60. Carefully look at application forms , you need to find one where it says you apply when your sponsor is outside of UK.
And as I said before you just need to show them that you are married, you live together, you are going back to UK together( add as more as you can documents to proof it, such as landlord contract, bank accounts with joint name, end etc.) and you have a job offer letter which need to show that you will start to work within 3 month after arriving and your salary will be more than 18600 per annum. As if you refused appeal takes 12-18 months ((
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Look here , I think 5.2
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 9:57 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Before we started an application forms we spoke by Skype with Immigration lawyer and it was nothing about P60. Carefully look at application forms , you need to find one where it says you apply when your sponsor is outside of UK.
And as I said before you just need to show them that you are married, you live together, you are going back to UK together( add as more as you can documents to proof it, such as landlord contract, bank accounts with joint name, end etc.) and you have a job offer letter which need to show that you will start to work within 3 month after arriving and your salary will be more than 18600 per annum. As if you refused appeal takes 12-18 months ((
But the OP will still need to prove that he's had a job for the last 6 months earning over the required amount, so he's asking what constitutes acceptable proof of that. Just having a job to go to in the UK isn't sufficient.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.